• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Netplay: huge ping spikes

MrGoodKat

Smash Rookie
I have been trying out Anther's Netplay matchmaking, but every time I try to play with someone the second the game starts my game slows down exponentially and I can see my ping fluctuating rapidly in the Dolphin Netplay window. I know it isn't my computer's settings but I'll post my specs anyway:

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
64-bit
AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series graphics card (I do have a garbage onboard Intel HD Graphics Family card for "power saving", seriously what **** stain puts one of these on a laptop, even on that setting the laptop lasts like 15 minutes w/o battery).

I am thinking it is my internet connection. I ran a speed test and this is what I came up with:

ping: 54 m/s
DL Speed: 2.75 Mbps
UL Speed: 0.68 Mbps

Also, I tried playing some people where the initial ping (before the game started) was about 150 m/s, then about 80 m/s, and finally 50 m/s. Each game was substantially less laggy, but the 50 m/s one was still unplayable slow. This is what leads me to believe it is my connection not my rig, but if you disagree let me know.

Any advice you guys could give on how to change this performance would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

-GoodKat

Top Bottom