• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Netplay connection issues, save me.

Coze

20YY Cultist
No matter who I connect with, and where they are relative to me I am constantly getting ping spikes that coincide with FPS drops.

For example, with a stable 60ms connection it will fluctuate into the 200s every few seconds, while frames drop to 30FPS.

I have fiber internet, with 100mb/s download/upload and a strong connection in every other game I play.
My computer consists of two 1080TIs, an i7 5930k, 32GB of RAM and dolphin is running on my SSD.

I cannot fathom why I am having these issues with this one game. I have tried direct connections with ports properly set up, turning off my anti-virus, using a completely different internet provider, just about everything I can think of.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Top Bottom