• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Netplay connection assistance needed

Dr. D

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

I recently moved to a new place and need some help diagnosing why I can't connect to Netplay. I'm able to connect to other game servers (dota, heartstone, etc) just fine. I have comporium internet at gigabit speeds. I am using FM5. I had no issues connecting before the move.

When I try to host, it seems I'm able to host, comes up with the hosting window with the code like usual but no one is able to connect using the code I give. When someone else tries to host, I am unable to connect to them. Is there someone who knows more about Netplay that could possibly help me out? My move took me away from smashers to play with live, so all I have right now is Netplay. Thank you so much for any help.

Comraderose

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem and no one has been able to give me a definitive answer. Through investigation I have come to the conclusion it has to be the router/porting. I don't have the tech knowledge to fully diagnose or fix it but most people don't mind if you tell them you have to host

MP3

Smash Rookie
Same. Place im at rn has comporium and can't netplay for some reason. I tried port forwarding with my router but no luck. :( Gonna try to call ISP and ask them to change firewall or do something about it.

Top Bottom