• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' Wall Riding?

2-D Brady

Smash Rookie
Obviously Ness can ride the side of stages when he hits it in a certain way after recovering. My question is when does it happen and where should you aim for when trying this?

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I am pretty sure it happens from the middle to the end of the animation. You want to aim as if you were heading almost straight up. If you dont hit the wall hard enough you will not be able to do a second Pk Thunder so you will slide a bit. You should go into training and lab it a little.

Last edited:

SirShadows

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirShadows
This mostly happens on the left side of any stage (don't ask me why), as it is also easier to PKT2 Twice on the right side.

Brainshocked

Smash Rookie
Earthbound360 had a thread that discussed PK Thunder and PKT2 as well.. I think it was called "Surviving Mortal Damage" or something, he has videos on PKT2 wall riding and etc.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
PKT2 wallhugs when you hit a wall at a certain angle, or shallower. I think it's about 60-70 degrees. Thought this was common knowledge?

positioning yourself is important so that you don't use up your distance trying to get to the wall - imo best position is close enough to the wall to not waste excessive distance but far enough away so that you can accurately aim a PKT2 to connect with the wall under the required angle. if you mess up you can PKT2 bounce anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

something to note is PKT2 just gets deflected by the ledge, it won't follow any changes in angle that are above the wallhug angle.

If you mean the bounce he gets after hitting just below the stage that causes him to immediately grab the ledge, that just means that PKT2 hit out of the wallhug angle but he got bounced into the sweetspot range anyway.

Last edited:

2-D Brady

Smash Rookie
PKT2 wallhugs when you hit a wall at a certain angle, or shallower. I think it's about 60-70 degrees. Thought this was common knowledge?

positioning yourself is important so that you don't use up your distance trying to get to the wall - imo best position is close enough to the wall to not waste excessive distance but far enough away so that you can accurately aim a PKT2 to connect with the wall under the required angle. if you mess up you can PKT2 bounce anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

something to note is PKT2 just gets deflected by the ledge, it won't follow any changes in angle that are above the wallhug angle.

If you mean the bounce he gets after hitting just below the stage that causes him to immediately grab the ledge, that just means that PKT2 hit out of the wallhug angle but he got bounced into the sweetspot range anyway.
Thank you I am new to the scene and was just a little confused on how his up B worked in regards to hitting the wall/using pk Thunder twice.

Top Bottom