• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Vs. Sheik

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
I main Ness, but my brother plays a mean sheik. I can beat all of his other characters, but I can't take Sheik down. Are there any strategies for that?

By the way, those phreakin' needles always get me.

Levitas

the moon
There's a section in the Way too long to read guide about shiek.

That being said, shiek's chaingrabs don't affect Ness like some people, but her tilts wreck him.

CC to grab seems to work quite well. Mow says never to attack first, just punish their moves.

Sheik is one of Ness's worst matchups, and is very much in her favor, so read up in the way too long shiek section, and if you still have questions, you'll get answers.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If she's stationary and throwing needles, a PK Fire and the pillar of fire it creates can shield you from needles.

Temporarily.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
...sheiks...chaingrabs...don't affect Ness? ARE YOU FREAKING HIGH!? Dthrow into dthrow into dthrow into dthrow into dthrow!?

Also, just learn how to avoid Sheik's attacks and punish the lag, it's the only reliable way.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ademisk have you heard? Sheik has NO lag. None. Her f-tilt = your fair against bowser. Sheik can only d-throw cg Ness to 30 ish percent, you should be able to break out by then. There really is not much Ness can (read: should be able to do) against Sheik.

The matchup is soooo bad for me, I beat a sheik in a sheik ditto that 3-stocked my Ness. I NEVER play Sheik (but I am quite a d-smash ***** with her).

I'm the only person that thinks Mario is a worse matchup... 50 percent combos are a big problem...

The problem with any character above Luigi on the tier list (except Jigglypuff) is that if they know how to play Ness, they can absolutely destroy him. My biggest problem with Ness is that he has NO cc'ing game at all (plz don't say d-tilt thanks).

Top Bottom