• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs Olimar. Help?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
:urg:
Olimar is wall with his smash attacks. His aerials do alot of damage, and his Upsmash Purple/Blue Pikmin is powerful. The only positives I have are

1. His light weight is susceptible to the back throw.
2. gimping him.

Other than that, im boned. HELP!

Iron Asian

Smash Rookie
There's actually a lot of things you can do. Ness has a lot of attacks that use psi power and act as a barrier or in for him while he's attacking. You could use moves like these such as the dash & fair (there's probably more attacks that I forgot about). You can also use his smashes and pk fire because those work well against him. As long as he doesn't gimp your recovery with a pikmin, you should be fine. Also if you can hit him with a bair, Olimar is pretty much dead

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
:urg:
Olimar is wall with his smash attacks. His aerials do alot of damage, and his Upsmash Purple/Blue Pikmin is powerful. The only positives I have are

1. His light weight is susceptible to the back throw.
2. gimping him.

Other than that, im boned. HELP!
The key when fighting Olimar is to make him approach you. Ness has alot of trouble if you do it the other way around. Try to knock Oli off the stage and then just wait for him. He'll have to approach or he will die, and then things will get easier for you or harder for him.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
The key when fighting Olimar is to make him approach you. Ness has alot of trouble if you do it the other way around. Try to knock Oli off the stage and then just wait for him. He'll have to approach or he will die, and then things will get easier for you or harder for him.
Yes I suppose.

(I just wish Olimar had that expression on your avatar when I approached him:laugh:)

Snail

Smash Lord
Olimar outcamps every single character in the game and nobody can force him to approach. How exactly were you planning to bump him off the stage without approaching him first? >__>

I dunno, approach with short hop Fairs or something. I don;t know anything about Ness so I can't really help you there...

Snail

Smash Lord
Fox? (Falco? Wolf?)
I must disagree here. Even NC-Echo prefered to go on the offensive. Watch the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A4l2UFsPKg&feature=related
Well, except perhaps Fox and Falco. Wolf's laser lacks range. Anyway... I stand corrected. >_> I forgot about those. Fox isn't too annoying because the lasers don't stun, but Falco... He's so frustrating to fight against ._.

No character can make Olimar approach bar the spacies. And Pit, maybe. Yeah. :/ Definitely not Ness, though...

Excellence

Smash Champion
Well what you should know is, DO NOT try and compete with Ness while he's in the air. The only thing you can try is an occasional Up Air, other than that let him touch the ground first. Hurl Pikmin on him for damage, F-Smash wall him, and use Grabs to KO. If you're against the ledge, use a Reverse Pivot Grab to get behind him and toss him off; unless you've got Blue, then B-throw.

Top Bottom