• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs Marth MU

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Don't take any risks that can lead to a grab.
Try to play 100% safe and try not to get gimped.
Pick dynamic or weird stages like Delfino, Frigate or Pokemon Stadium.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I think Delfino:delfino: is a bad choice because on some parts of the stage has no platforms and you can easily be grab released and hard to avoid :(

Last edited:

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
If it's legal in your area, then your best counterpick is Norfair. The platforms are small, so if you do get grabbed, then you'll probably already be at the edge and be able to DI away and off the platform where Marth can't grab you again.

LittleLeo Cofofo

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheLeoJR
3DS FC
2878-9810-1462
VS Marth... Ugh that's the worst. It will requer a lot of spacing, when possible do Fair to F-throw, then try using PK Thunder, PK Fire or D-tilt if possible, don't stay to close to Marth, his spacin it's better than Ness too....

Thor

Smash Champion
How to beat Marth? Pick the fat penguin instead of the little boy and your ability to beat him will improve significantly.

But seriously, getting grabbed is worse than pretty much any non-KOing attack, because them regrabbing and eventually dsmashing you (or using fsmash) will eventually KO you. So if you have a habit of landing into shield right away (airdodge -> shield landing), that will DEFINITELY hurt you more than in most MUs. Otherwise, fight it like you fight MK? [Except of course you can gimp Marth, and some/most of his attacks are more laggy but slightly longer ranged.]

Someone else can offer much better advice than me I'm sure, but that bit about being grabbed (and the Dedede joke) are two things I know are true about facing Marth.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I really don't think a top level Ness is likely to get grabbed more than a few times. If he does the GR shouldn't go the whole length of the stage. And there's always a small chance that the Marth player will mess it up.

Although... if you're playing a DK and you DO get grabbed, that's another thing.

Top Bottom