• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness v1.0.8 Changes

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think I found a nerf for Ness sadly...piercing pkt2, if you hit someone, now loses range. Rolling pkt2 is the same at least. Still wish they would give Ness a Zelda style teleport though for an up special custom
PKT2 has lost range since the game first came out. It's why people jump off the stage and gimp Ness in the first place. Unless you mean something else. And wow, I'm upset that they got rid of PKT2 sliding on platforms. So dumb. PKF cancel off the edge being removed isn't bad. Now you can put your opponent in a tighter spot if they're recovering near the wall by throwing out a PKF on them.

EDIT: I now see what you were talking about _clinton. That is so upsetting. Go to Training Mode and have the CPU as Sheik. Do a footstool to PKT2 on her and the PKT goes through her and the connection to Ness doesn't even blast her away like it did previously. You happy, people complaining about Ness' PKT2?

It seems that PKT2, when going through the body of an opponent, still connects when Ness launches away. It's still there with Sheik, but it seems that it's very hard to actually have this work. I was going to flip my lid.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
PKT2 has lost range since the game first came out. It's why people jump off the stage and gimp Ness in the first place. Unless you mean something else. And wow, I'm upset that they got rid of PKT2 sliding on platforms. So dumb. PKF cancel off the edge being removed isn't bad. Now you can put your opponent in a tighter spot if they're recovering near the wall by throwing out a PKF on them.

EDIT: I now see what you were talking about _clinton. That is so upsetting. Go to Training Mode and have the CPU as Sheik. Do a footstool to PKT2 on her and the PKT goes through her and the connection to Ness doesn't even blast her away like it did previously. You happy, people complaining about Ness' PKT2?
Could someone record this stuff? I would help to know what is happening.

PKPenguin

Smash Rookie
It feels (I know, I know, it's bad to start an update changes post with "It feels like," but hear me out) like PK Flash goes way higher as it comes out, but I may just be delusional since I've been getting more used to Lucas lately. Does anybody have an older version of the game they can compare with the current version to confirm or deny this?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Could someone record this stuff? I would help to know what is happening.
PKT can go through the body of other characters, allowing Ness to still hit himself with it. When this happens, a burst of electricity come from Ness' feet and still kills the opponent as if Ness were to just PKT2 himself into an opponent. I haven't test this on all the characters, but as of right now, Sheik is near impossible to hit. Forgive my crappy MSPaint, but here's an idea. Sheik doesn't get hit, but other characters do. At least Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Mega Man. I haven't tested it on everyone.

the dthrow change....does it effect combos from dthrow?
Nope.

Noa.

Smash Master
PKT can go through the body of other characters, allowing Ness to still hit himself with it. When this happens, a burst of electricity come from Ness' feet and still kills the opponent as if Ness were to just PKT2 himself into an opponent. I haven't test this on all the characters, but as of right now, Sheik is near impossible to hit. Forgive my crappy MSPaint, but here's an idea. Sheik doesn't get hit, but other characters do. At least Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Mega Man. I haven't tested it on everyone.

Nope.
Are you talking about the gigantic hitbox at the point of collision between Ness and pk thunder? That's always been pretty finicky to land.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Nope.
WHY WOULD THEY REMOVE THAT?!

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
if I'm understanding correctly that's not THAT big of an issue. If you're close enough you can still hit then with PKT and there will be enough hit stun that they can't guard the pkt2, even if you loop away from their body and aim into then, rather than away.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
That thing was never really reliable to begin with. It might actually just be a placebo. Pretty sure Clint was just talking about the Lucas thunder custom.

Uffe

Smash Hero
if I'm understanding correctly that's not THAT big of an issue. If you're close enough you can still hit then with PKT and there will be enough hit stun that they can't guard the pkt2, even if you loop away from their body and aim into then, rather than away.
Actually, you'd be surprised how useful it is. Your opponent could be blocking the PKT and then when they drop their shield, the PKT goes through their body and hits you, thus PKT2 usually ends up killing because of it being unexpected.

EB360, you're most likely correct. It still works on Sheik, it's just near impossible for it to connect. You're right, Noa.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I love the new PSI Magnet. Now it's even safer to use against those energy-happy people who try to camp you from coming back.

Top Bottom