• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Tech: PK Dash/PK Lock (Video Demonstration)

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
(this thread will be updated overtime)
Hey I just wanted to make a short thread about a tech I think I found correct me if i'm wrong. And also correct me if I miss anything that people know about.

The "PK Dash" is a way to PK Fire and move forward at the same time.The "PK Lock" is a way to lock or rack up damage very quickly and simple and you can use it to combo into other attacks. PK Fire does %15-%22 and it can stack.

If you do a dash right after you PK Fire then do an other one you can do it again and move forward a bit. This will work best if you're hitting the opponent with a PK Fire already. So you can stick to the opponent and rack up damage very quickly, so this way if you're behind you can use PK Dash/PK Lock to catch up.

So if for example if you PK Dash into PK Lock and you PK Lock 4 times you will deal at least %67 very quick. This can be predicted and punished very easy though so be careful just throwing it out there. I may update this thread with anything new or anything i missed or messed up on. Videos will be down below and i'll add more info later on and videos.

And this is a very short demonstration you can do a PK Lock for much longer. And it works on a lot of characters but i'll update for characters that it does not work on. And I have tried it DIing and jumping and several other options and you can DI out of it at higher percents and jump out of it but at lower percents it's really hard to get out off but i'll let you know if it changes.

PK Lock Remastered by Azazel

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Uh, it kind of looks like it's shieldable. You got any gameplay vids that do tons of damage?

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Uh, it kind of looks like it's shieldable. You got any gameplay vids that do tons of damage?
Yes it can be shielded but if you hit them it can be hard to shield and this is meant to be up close if you fire it from a distinct they may shield it and it could not work. And like I said it does not work very well on higher percents and i'll add a video of it doing a lot damage in a bit when my camera is charged.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Uhh... this is just dashing into PKF... over and over again.
It's not hard to get out of, the opponent should be able to get out at 0% after the first PKF. It shouldn't ever really connect multiple PKFs in a row.

Uffe

Smash Hero
The only time you should be able to connect a constant row of PKF is when the opponent is heavy. I did this to a D3 today, but after a certain amount of percent and DI, he could escape it. For the most part, this is probably really useful when your opponent is off the stage and recovering as they'll have no other way of dealing with it without lowering below stage level and trying to recover. Even then, that's kind of hard. But there is a frame that allows this to happen the moment the opponent grabs the edge, but you have to time it precisely. I wouldn't ignore this as something that doesn't work, because it does. It just doesn't work on most of the cast, and if your opponent is a light weight, then the odds of this working effectively is never.

PKF in general is useful for opponents who roll a lot. If they roll away after getting hit by one PKF, you can throw another out and then follow it up with another PKF or grab. I really do think PKF deserves a buff, or allowing it to explode like Robin's fire ability works. Hopefully in the next game.

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
The only time you should be able to connect a constant row of PKF is when the opponent is heavy. I did this to a D3 today, but after a certain amount of percent and DI, he could escape it. For the most part, this is probably really useful when your opponent is off the stage and recovering as they'll have no other way of dealing with it without lowering below stage level and trying to recover. Even then, that's kind of hard. But there is a frame that allows this to happen the moment the opponent grabs the edge, but you have to time it precisely. I wouldn't ignore this as something that doesn't work, because it does. It just doesn't work on most of the cast, and if your opponent is a light weight, then the odds of this working effectively is never.

PKF in general is useful for opponents who roll a lot. If they roll away after getting hit by one PKF, you can throw another out and then follow it up with another PKF or grab. I really do think PKF deserves a buff, or allowing it to explode like Robin's fire ability works. Hopefully in the next game.
Sweet spot each PK fire I.E. Deep in their back. I used all the tricks in the book to fight against the horizontal knockback and here's the results.
The problem is that PK fire has pathetic hitstun. it only effectively locks characters at higher percents. But then at higher percents, chaining PK fires is pretty pointless since you should be fishing for KOs instead of risky PK fire and they can still SDI up and jump away

Last edited:

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Sweet spot each PK fire I.E. Deep in their back. I used all the tricks in the book to fight against the horizontal knockback and here's the results.
The problem is that PK fire has pathetic hitstun. it only effectively locks characters at higher percents.
This is a great way to make PK Lock better for tournament play thank you for remastering it :).

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
(this thread will be updated overtime)
And I have tried it DIing and jumping and several other options and you can DI out of it at higher percents and jump out of it but at lower percents it's really hard to get out off but i'll let you know if it changes.
I am holding you to this. Have fun testing for vulnerable characters (being fat, having no quick aerials, etc.) and percent and DI. With organized lists and stuff.

Muahahahah. There's like 50 characters. lel.

Last edited:

Slaudial

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0174-7067
it's really too bad this isn't a legit thing because then it would fit in just fine with the rest of the smash 4 combos

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
I'll be testing PK Lock in my smash 4 marathon today I may stream it maybe not I don't know yet but some of my friemds may come over and help out. I'll put all of the info in this thread after we're done testing it.

Top Bottom