• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' state: weakened? buffed? or the same?

Levitas

the moon
lol, you didn't answer my question. In any event, Ademisk and I certainly are taking steps to get better.

Levitas

the moon
We can't know that for sure until we have a metagame. It's a lot like you said in the post a ways up, but if the game's been balanced upwards, and Ness doesn't get stronger by enough, he'll still be weak.

Don't get me wrong, but that's the reality of things for now.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Have faith

Look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyOKjywWZ7o

Ness has surely improved. It is clearly seen. I've also seen other chars and few of them seem broken (Sheik, MetaKnight).

We can expect Ness to be far from low tier at least. Also, for us who used to main Ness on Melee, and learned to survive with him as he was. This overall boost will make us very strong on the battlefield.

If any who of you get a Sheik vs Ness Brawl fight, please send me the link. Thanks.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
I got a chance to play Ness a couple days ago, and I can say with confidence that he's entirely WAY better this time. Nearly all of his attacks have a ton more knockback, including the yo-yos! His back air and back throw are a little weakened but still good enough to get someone off the edge. His down air no longer spikes every time, I managed to get a side KO with it once though. His forward throw is apparently stronger than his Melee backthrow but I have yet to confirm this (will be playing again this Friday). You guys will all be pleasantly surprised with Ness. :)

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Down Smash Yo yo

Do you have any video where I can see the Down Smash Yo yo?
Or did you try it? That move was almost useless in Melee. I want to know if it was fixed!

By the way! I just saw in a video that air pk crusher travels a little longer than melee. Land pk crusher travels shorter than before but it has just a very short lag time at the end. That's nice.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well even if he did, what's to say it'd be any better than anything else we have? I wanna see Simna play Brawl, or Nessbounder or AngryLobster. Someone hella good.
You guys will FINALLY be able to see me play, since Brawl is online and I'll be able to at least do competitive matches!

Having said that, I'm Aussie, so it will be a long time before I get the game unless I mod my Wii and import a US version. And I have no idea how to go about that or how much it would cost.

Oh yes, and I'll be maining Lucas, not Ness.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I just meant I want to see someone who's REALLY GOOD with Ness in Melee get some video recorded. I'd put myself in that category, but if I got it, I wouldn't need to see myself recorded.

Levitas

the moon
I may get the chance to play brawl this weekend, and I'll do the best I can to ensure that it's recorded.

Edit: morpheus, I think your link is broken. Please check it.

hyperiondragon

Smash Rookie
I take back my previous comments about Ness, I guess I judged him too soon. But Ness is great! I saw some cool vids on youtube that made me have a change of heart. And besides I havent yet played for myself to pass judgment. From the videos I have recently seen, Ness is buffed from Melee Ness, which others have confirmed already Im sure.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmantNESS
Wow, this guy posts a video impression of Ness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdhGaThqYs
(3:11>5:34)

I really needed a video like this to analyze Ness. He is totally awesome this time. It is my main on Melee. In Brawl he is going to kick some major ***. He has been all fixed. Pk thunder, yoyo attacks, pk fire, pk flash, speed. I could finally see down yoyo, and it is so fixed!! Also, here I noticed that Ness electrocutes while controlling pk thunder, that's totally awesome!!! Ness mainers will be a force to be reckoned. The rise of the low tiers!!

Levitas

the moon
Um, isn't the rise of low tiers somewhat self-contradictory? I mean, they're called high tiers if they get better, and therefore are no longer low tiers.

I can't shut up about how much I like Ness's double jump in brawl.

There's a good chance that I'll get to play brawl tomorrow, so if I do, I'll do my best to record it.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah yeah.. I know what you mean. But you should know what I mean. .. The rise of those who where low tiers on Melee. They are reborn.

I can see that down yoyo was so useless that people took it away from their minds when using Ness. If you are going to record your battles, try it! Also, I would want to know if Ness also electrocutes while controlling pk thunder on the ground.. and if it is the same for Lucas. :)

D

Deleted member

I think Ness will likely be the first one I play in Brawl...he's my main in 64...and I don't play Melee.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I have to strongly agree I cant see how people still believes that there are still clones... Each characters who is a veteran and was a clone has their own original move sets...
Has anybody even bothered to see Falco's new moves?
The only thing that I'm upset about is the Star Fox genre clone Final Smashes....
Oh and saying Wolf's Landmaster is red does not count..

Levitas

the moon
I'm still not used to the lack of DJC and momentum manipulation w/aerials. However, I've been winning almost every game that I've used him in (Including a bunch of 1 v 1s). He's really fun to use again.

Also, PKT2 is such a funny kill move. And if you get the PK fire to PKT2 combo, your opponent sucks, and you are the most awesome person ever.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I'm still not used to the lack of DJC and momentum manipulation w/aerials. However, I've been winning almost every game that I've used him in (Including a bunch of 1 v 1s). He's really fun to use again.

Also, PKT2 is such a funny kill move. And if you get the PK fire to PKT2 combo, your opponent sucks, and you are the most awesome person ever.
Maybe in 1v1 play, but who says that combo can't be pulled off in doubles? a partner hits em with a burn while you're already aiming your thunderball? Seems like given the better fire hold and the quicker thundering it could be much more difficult to see coming or stop than it was in melee.(and regardless, two Ness' together...all would cower in fear at the mere sight)

Levitas

the moon
You don't need moves to win when you've got two Nesses on one TV, as the game's already won.

That said, you could probably thunder juggle them with two PK thunders once it's a two on one. That would be really funny, especially because PK thunder's much faster now, and everyone's floaty.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
You don't need moves to win when you've got two Nesses on one TV, as the game's already won.

That said, you could probably thunder juggle them with two PK thunders once it's a two on one. That would be really funny, especially because PK thunder's much faster now, and everyone's floaty.
I know it's already won, but because of that you can afford to play around with them for a little bit. I was thinking of the thunder myself, but that is for a 2v1 scenario. The PKfire>PKT2 "combo" could easily be accomplished with both enemies alive and kicking, as one of the Ness' merely has to fire off a PKfire and turn around to attack the other enemy. And we know that the fire doesn't take that long to shoot. There might be a way to time it in 1v1(if you in fact are the greatest player ever), but i won't know until i get the game will I? The world will soon see the awesomeness of Ness though.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
In Brawl, I've seen that PKT2 decimates an opponents shield......but usually that doesn't matter because they shield grab you and by the time you get control back their shield is already healed. So.....I wonder what would happen if 2 Nesses hit the Same Shield with PKT2.....

Levitas

the moon
Or a breaking sound and a clank, followed by the sound of two fully charged PK Flashes hitting *insert character name here*

Although, I've never seen a shield break in brawl at this point.

PsiRockin!

Smash Rookie
Ness kicked *** in ssb being in the top tier but then they nerfed him a little too much, hopefully in brawl he lives up to his former glory but no matter what he'll always be my main. :D

Levitas

the moon
Ness kicked *** in ssb being in the top tier but then they nerfed him a little too much, hopefully in brawl he lives up to his former glory but no matter what he'll always be my main. :D
Actually he was mid tier, with everyone being in the same tier as him except for the two tops (Pika, Kirby) and the two bottoms (Samus, Link).

That said, he's got a ridiculously easy set of combos to pull off, and zero to deaths in 64 come so naturally to me when I'm playing as Ness. Ness rocks.

Also, I've been saying this to everyone regardless of petty things like "truth" or "correctness": Ness is the best character in this game and any game ever made. Especially the ones that he wasn't in.

Also, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu were lucky to get some of the biggest buffs in the transition of any character.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
I saw a shield break in a video. Jigglypuff broke her own shield and flew into some kind of safe haven away from the battle. I'll see if I can find the link. Dr. Mario got a pretty big buff too.

Levitas

the moon
Jigg's shield breaking always sends her off the top to her death, unless something is in the way like a ceiling.

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
ness is fine

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH in your face all you naysayers! My second main is back :D

No... he wouldn't be weakened.. he was already pretty weak to begin with.. I'm just hoping that Lucas doesn't over shadow him what with their extremely similar specials. :D
all of their attacks are very different, just have the same name, and ness was uber buffed

fires explode/pilliar
electric go through/hit
flash isnt freeze of course
and lucas's orb isnt a absorber, its reflects and hurts u if u walk into it
plus all their As/throws/taunts are completely different

lucas is only like a 5% clone of ness

Top Bottom