• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Online

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
A lot of my game consists of pkt and I just can't do it in online matches. I can usually recover with it online but using it as an attack and pkt2 on ground is almost impossible. Usually, I'll find myself using a lot more fairs and other aerials but I'm losing one of ness's staple moves.

Does anybody else have an extremely hard time playing ness and his pkt online with the button delay?

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
I have a bit of trouble playing Ness online... once you get past or if you can get past the lag factor (not so much frame delay but button delay) It's hard to redirect Ness' PKT to get the effect you want as if you were offline.

A little fact of life I guess, I'm trying to get used to it myself because I do use Ness quite a bit. I don't actually have any useful tips for getting around this. With the WiFi delay you always have to be one step ahead of yourself. ^^

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
You have no trouble recovering, but you cant use PKT on offense?
Wow... that's the exact opposite for me. I can attack, but not recover.

Lag is stupid and hard for Ness (and Lucas), but you just have to cope with it sometimes. That's why I leave laggy rooms.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
yes I play Ness a ton and the lag definetly affects his play style (negatively of course). Same here w/ 360, the lag freakin messes up my timing while recovering with pkt. It is also freakin hard to connect a back air pwnage with lag. *sigh*...if only there was no lag...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
That's why PKT2 spamming into a brawling crowd works so well ^_^
Easy to land, invincibility, and KILLS!!!

Top Bottom