• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Online

ZillaB

Smash Cadet
I don't know about you guys but I can't play my Ness worth a lick online. I have at least a one second delay, so that completely renders pkt/pkt2 useless. After playing with friends and lvl 9 cpu's for a couple weeks and starting to come online, I can't get used to the delay. Is there anything you guys do differently from live play to online play? I feel like it's not even worth playing online sometimes due to crazy lag (even after port forwarding) and a really annoying button delay.

Ness guy

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've had two minute matches last from 2 and 1/2 minutes to 5 minutes. One match took almost 11 minutes to complete 2 minutes. I'm going to get a new router this week, which will hopefully fix the problem. The one I have now is about 5 or 6 years old. As for what I do differently online, I try to hit the button I want to use before I want to use it but I haven't gotten it down yet. I still try to grab people after I've passed through them, which doesn't do any good.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I find that PK Thunder juggles are harder to get out of and harder to airdodge because of the lag. And since you can use PSI Rockin' to get the infinite George W. Bush combo, he is God Tier.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
PKT+Lag= dead Ness
Use him online, but just remember that lag will hurt. Eventually, you can gt a it used to it, but VERY strong lag is killer. Just make sure you know who you are playing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
People have said it before: inconsistent lag is the worst.

N355

Smash Apprentice
I have a hard time playing with ness online as well. I just usually jump up and spam pkt2, which i call pk blitz, and just try to cope with the delay

Top Bottom