• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness not the same...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Is anyone else slightly disappointed that Ness isn't the yoyo glitching, double jump cancelling, twitchy beast that he was in melee?

I miss it. He's so smooth now.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
his yoyos do something useful now, and his PKT2 has become one of the best killing moves in the game(if properly used), i'd say all in all it's a vast improvement.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I don't know about a vast improvement. More like all the other characters got equalized. and the yoyo has really lost its mistique that it had in melee with the yoyo glitch. Look it up if you haven't seen it used before. And DJC added a lot to his game too. I miss them both. Either way I still like using him in Brawl but it's just sad I think.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about a vast improvement. More like all the other characters got equalized. and the yoyo has really lost its mistique that it had in melee with the yoyo glitch. Look it up if you haven't seen it used before. And DJC added a lot to his game too. I miss them both. Either way I still like using him in Brawl but it's just sad I think.
Of course i know what the yoyo glitch was, i wouldn't be able to call myself a Ness main if i didn't. But it was cheap and i refused to use it BECAUSE it was a glitch and i felt it unfair. Besides, i think that for most instances, useful yoyos that can't glitch are better than his melee ones(and people don't ***** when you use them). As for DJC, yeah, it's different for Ness but not necessarily worse...I am actually having a lot of fun getting used to it being out and think in the long run it can help make him a better character.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Definitely. Ness was alright for me in Melee, but now in Brawl I'm actually considering maining him. His moves seem alot faster and I'm able to move quicker, not to mention string combos easier. And the fact that he has an alternate costume that's right up my alley is awesome. Yes, the pink hat with Mr. Saturn on the front. I'm so tempted to make a Mr. Saturn shirt. I already have the pink hat, purple socks and pink shoes, LOL.

Anyway, in short, Ness is far more awesome now compared to Brawl. In my opinion at least.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If Ness was able to equip thunder jacket in brawl he'd be the best character in the game.

What kinda sucks is that they nerfed his u-tilt and made his uair harder to hit with.

Nimkip

Smash Rookie
Does his bat seem shorter or is it just me. I guess that's the trade off for it being stronger, but it's also a bit slower and you have to sweetspot it for it to be a good KO move.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Oh hey kind of random but stutter step is pretty decent with Ness. Just did some testing and don't feel like making a new thread. It doesn't give you as much of a range increase as some characters like Falcon but it's still something. Dash forward and then immediately C-stick to get an extra step before your bat.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
His bat lost a lot of its badassery since Melee unfortunately. I miss the "KACHIII" sound effect more than anything else.

But like everything else got way better. I also love being able to use the yo-yos and PK Flash as actual defensive options.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
But it's so puny! They should have made it ten times louder and with an echo or something. It's just not epic enough for a baseball bat smash. :(

I would have even preferred it if every time you hit with this move, an excited Japanese man appeared doing a 4koma reaction on the side of the screen shouting "HOOOOOOME WRUUUUUUNN!!"

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
...or even better...when you KO with this move, instead of the usual KO explosion from the side of the stage, you get a giant realistic picture of a schoolgirl doing a peace symbol but flipped at a 90 degree angle so she's coming out on her side, and instead of the KO sound, you get "ICHIBAHN!! NUMUH WUNN!!"

Now THAT'd just be enough for me to forgive the sound of the new bat.

Arcade

Smash Ace
I like the new sound better. It sounds like your opponent got 100%, no-frills, no-johns owned up the face with a big wooden baseball bat. It's so satisfying.

Top Bottom