• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' new Yoyo

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
What do you think about Ness' new Up- and Downsmashes?
His Yoyo really got buffed again.Not as strong as in SSB but I'd say something between SSB and Melee.
I think it's just awesome. Especially the new Usmash sends them up in the air with the first and hits them again with the second hit. Even more Usefull with the new USmash out of a dash :D

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Hi yoyo really surprised me and my opponent a lot :)

You can use it to perform ground-aerial combos followed by up tilts, PK Thunder, then more up smashes.

Platanos

Smash Cadet
It's a good thing they are.

When I would use Ness casually on SSBM, I'd get really aggravated when I used the usmash on accident, knowing that it sucked.
I'm glad it's a good combo starter in Brawl.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
yes, it's very strong. still can't get over the damage and power it causes.
Ness's yo yo is the secret to cold fusin. it CAUSES POWER!

But really, the yo-yos are better at doing what they were supposed to do in Melee: defend. They're not KO moves, but they're great defensive weapons that cause a lot of damage and get you out of tight spots.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Ness's yoyo isn't new. It's just that now he's not attempting to use the yoyo to distort the laws of reality, so he has time to focus on making them do something.

b4rd0n1_II

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to main Ness, the only reason I didnt main him was because of his Yo-yo's

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Anyone who bases a character choice on a yoyo isn't all too serious about the character in the first place. TRUE NESS LOVERS UNITE. Sadly, that is like....3 people on here besides myself. T_T

thanif19

Smash Rookie
Anyone who bases a character choice on a yoyo isn't all too serious about the character in the first place. TRUE NESS LOVERS UNITE. Sadly, that is like....3 people on here besides myself. T_T

I feel you man. I am not a reg. on these boards and mained Ness in 64. I attempted to main some one else for brawl but it just didn't feel right. I will stick with Ness through thick and thin and in the end I feel better about it.

but if some one else wants to stop playing ness and go to Lucas or some new "hot" character like olimar then more power to them, its still just a game.

Briarios

Smash Rookie
It's too true, Ademisk. Ness doesn't kick *** because of a yo-yo- I started maining him when I unlocked him in SSB, and never looked back.

I've attempted to main multiple other people, but it just never feels right. Ness forever!

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
His yo-yo sucks because apparently there's no YYG.

DON'T TELL ME WHOM I LOVE AND DON'T LOVE!
...^_^

♪ I believe there'll come a day
Maybe it will be tomorrow
When the blue bird flies away
All we have to do is follow
I believe a dream can still come true
Why shouldn't I believe the same in you? ♪
~Pollyanna-I_Believe_in_You-_(Mother)

HAH!

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
It's easier to spike with Ness's Dair than Lucas's dair... and that's what truly matters. Heritage, baby, cuz the original Ness dair is what started it all. I really need to put more time into Brawl Ness, but I'm still playing like... 15 characters on a regular basis, lol.

And for the record, I do much prefer him to Lucas. I can't even use half of Lucas' aerials consistently due ot how weird some of them act. It's gonna take getting used to thinking "Yo-yo is ok to use" again... I've noticed I'm still sub-conciously avoiding them when I play Ness, lol.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Ever since his baby aborting days back in Earthbound, Ness has always been my favorite.

However, now that Olimar is in the picture...

Lets just say that Ness is my trump card. If they get through Olimar, they got Ness to worry about.

Dude, Dsmash linked into an upsmash finished off with a PKTHUNDUH is how babies are made. =O

Ademisk

Smash Champion
His yo-yo sucks because apparently there's no YYG.

DON'T TELL ME WHOM I LOVE AND DON'T LOVE!
...^_^

♪ I believe there'll come a day
Maybe it will be tomorrow
When the blue bird flies away
All we have to do is follow
I believe a dream can still come true
Why shouldn't I believe the same in you? ♪
~Pollyanna-I_Believe_in_You-_(Mother)

HAH!

Then why DON'T you just believe in Ness! We've already found a glitch with his yoyo.

Also, I learned to play Pollyanna on my guitar. ^_^

And I'm in the middle of memorizing the lyrics to go along with it.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
It's easier to spike with Ness's Dair than Lucas's dair... and that's what truly matters. Heritage, baby, cuz the original Ness dair is what started it all.
You can actually spike/meteor with Lucas' bair. I pulled it off in an online match and it felt so good.

...not that I use Lucas >.<

Then why DON'T you just believe in Ness! We've already found a glitch with his yoyo.

Also, I learned to play Pollyanna on my guitar. ^_^

And I'm in the middle of memorizing the lyrics to go along with it.
I do believe in Ness =P ... What glitch?...
Also, did you hear the Catherine Warwick version of Pollyanna? It's so fun ^_^

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Someone get some EB boss references in here... I found it actually common and useful to use Ness' Usmash in melee. Doesn't seem much happened to his down smash but now it's almost as good as it's 64 counterpart.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's the one I'm using to learn the words.

And some guy managed to get his yoyo to stay out after he used it, it was trailing behind him or so he said. It didn't do anything, but the fact that it can do that might mean you can make the hitbox itself stay out too somehow. Any possibility is nice, dontcha think?

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
In all 3 SSB games, no character is as dominant as Ness is in SSB. The yoyo was ultimate in SSB. Even in Earthbound the YoYo was worthless, but somehow in SSB they made it amazing. He wasn't even half the character in SSBM as he was in SSB. In spite of that I used him plenty in SSBM, and try to in SSBB, but still having too much fun trying characters out.

Top Bottom