• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Mixups

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
When playing Ness, I find I frequently do the same things over and over again. I either try to fish out a PK Fire and lead it into a grab or FAir into grab. So either way I end up grabbing, which leads to either D-Throw chaingrab if they DI wrong or D-Throw DJC FAir into another grab (or UAir into UAir). I U-Throw when they are spacies, of course. I really enjoy Ness but it just seems like I have very few options. I experimented with things like U-Throw into Magnet, jump out of Magnet and FAir/NAir but it seems sketchy. So, as you can see, my entire arsenal is comprised of grabs and throws. Are there better ground options I could use? What can I do to not be so obvious in my approaches?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you can do aerials to dtilt spam into shields, and it can shield poke

which of course, leads into grab ;)

ness' grab is really really good so i wouldn't really go for too many mixups if it is already working. it's when people start avoiding it that you have to start going for new options to solve your problems.

Dragrin

Smash Rookie
Ya I am basically on Choknaters side. Ness has a ton of combos/ punish game off his grab you really can win games with just that option. Just to be well rounded learn magnet dashing for some cool mixups though.

Top Bottom