• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Match Up discussion thread.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
In order too further help Ness main improve I have decided too open this match up discussion thread so that we can more easily discuss what too doagainst every character.
For starters I can say that vs Little Mac Ness is amazing, one good read and you can possible downthrow Mac and then fair him off stage, then it is only a matter of edge guarding or if you took him far enough off stage, however, you must be careful too respect Mac as his normals can severely hurt us, be sure too pic up on habits the Mac player has so that you can get that need grab as soon as possible.
That was one example of what I hope is talked about here. So fellow Ness mains please begin too discuss what too do in difficult matches and good match ups alike.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
There's another thread on the difficult matchups for Ness, but I guess this is different...

Wombo194

Smash Rookie
Having a lot of trouble against Rosaluma and Shiek. Rosaluma can keep me away and I cant do anything, she can hit me when I try to do a down grab combo or anything. Shiek is too fast to do anything.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I can smush Sheiks, but Rosalina is still an issue for me. I know I already mentioned this in the other thread, but does anyone have any advice? Luma interferes with grab combos and Rosalina keeps me at bay. I also eat her meteor smash a bunch, but that's just bad habits.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
I can smush Sheiks, but Rosalina is still an issue for me. I know I already mentioned this in the other thread, but does anyone have any advice? Luma interferes with grab combos and Rosalina keeps me at bay. I also eat her meteor smash a bunch, but that's just bad habits.
I was thinking if you can read a roll too down smash.

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
I think ranged characters are ness' s biggest issue. Namely robin rosalina peach (turnips anyway and THAT PEACH BOMBER UGH!) and faster opponents. I've had trouble with meta knight alot, I've gotten around palutena, characters like mario wario luigi dr mario amd captain falcon havent been even close to difficult for me. I'm having lots of problems with peach and rosalina however. Peach keeps eating my shield and I can't space her out without her just floating away from it. Amd luma keeps taking the fall fo EVERYTHING while rosalina comes in for punishment

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wario's Neutral B can eat Ness' PK Thunder.
...We have a problem.

Wombo194

Smash Rookie
Same problem with Rosalina and Villager. Both can kill recovery or just avoid pk thunder by sucking it up.

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
Having a lot of trouble against Rosaluma and Shiek. Rosaluma can keep me away and I cant do anything, she can hit me when I try to do a down grab combo or anything. Shiek is too fast to do anything.
These are the exact matchups I'm having trouble with. Rosalina simply destroys my Ness due to absorbing all the damage with Luma and spamming the sidestep/camping

with Sheik it's usually just camping literally until Sudden Death or at least 1 minute left, with the throwing knives

I personally believe however that Rosalina is simply a broken/OP character, so most likely Ness isn't the only one having issues facing her online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom