• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ness is confirmed removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone here dislike Lucas now that he replaced Ness?

Just wondering. Because I kind of do.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Well would all you Ness fans prefer clones to return? Cause I wouldn't.
I'm actually not a Ness fan.

It's just that Lucas replaced a character that to me was a big character in the Smash Bro series. I would have bet so much Ness would have returned because to me, he belonged and seemed almost irreplaceable. Now when I'm fighting Lucas, it's going to feel like I SHOULD be fighting Ness, and take away from some of the experience of seeing how Ness would look in Brawl.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
NESS IS NOT DECONFIRMED.

Until we see the exact sentence "Lucas is replacing Ness" on the Dojo, Ness is not deconfirmed. In fact, it looks like Lucas has a distinct enough moveset so that, with a few changes, Ness could be added as a completely separate character. I'm not saying that it's gonna happen, because I don't know, you don't know, and nobody except the game designers know.

You'd think that with all the vague rhetorical questions Sakurai's posted, we'd actually get some common sense.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
It doesn't say anywhere that Ness is deconfirmed. It just says Ness is a Character that has appeared in every Smash game so far. And Lucas fights similar.

How does that deconfirm Ness..?

Shuma

Smash Hero
UNTIL NOW. Nowhere does it say "so far". Besides Ness would be downgraded to a Clone and Claus chances left near to 0.

Tony_

Smash Ace
NESS IS NOT DECONFIRMED.

Until we see the exact sentence "Lucas is replacing Ness" on the Dojo, Ness is not deconfirmed. In fact, it looks like Lucas has a distinct enough moveset so that, with a few changes, Ness could be added as a completely separate character. I'm not saying that it's gonna happen, because I don't know, you don't know, and nobody except the game designers know.

You'd think that with all the vague rhetorical questions Sakurai's posted, we'd actually get some common sense.
Lucas stole Ness's move set. The only difference is his Standard Special and his physical smashes.

Ness is gone. Live with it.

Shuma

Smash Hero
ness is gone accept it, it's not logical to make a new moveset for ness instead of doing it for Lucas. Or he would be a clone wich is incredibly stupid to waste a slot in a clone when there are characters like Claus.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The longer you refuse to accept it the more it will hurt when you see he aint in. . . and you will look as crazy as the Nook fans.:ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Think of Lucas as what Luigi is to mario, simmilar, but very different.

I mean come on, Lucas has a tether reecovery.
His specials are the same, and would you rather have a semi-clone of Ness, or the original character like Claus?

SmashBrosManiac

Smash Cadet
Who knows, they might give Ness a total moveset makeover so he wouldn't be a clone, and maybe that's why they're delaying his reveal.

Sounds like im in denial, but I really am not... I could care less really lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who knows, they might give Ness a total moveset makeover so he wouldn't be a clone, and maybe that's why they're delaying his reveal.

Sounds like im in denial, but I really am not... I could care less really lol.
Wouldn't that take away from the only reason of his return?

footbagjames

Smash Rookie
Lucas looks awesome. Everyone complained about Ness getting 'nerfed' in melee, well his replacement seems to have solved this problem. I never enjoyed playing Ness, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing Lucas.

Lucas > Ness

Stop living in the past, I don't give a hoot if Ness comes back or not. Every character in Melee was somebodies main, so regardless, many people will be disappointed. There is so much more in this game than in melee. You'll get over it, or cry yourself to sleep.

You guys need to be more appreciative of Brawl, it's essentially the second coming of Christ.

Chepe

Smash Lord
You do know that Lucas would be the one labeled clone if Ness does come back? I love it how it seems Ness would be considered the clone even when he came first...

Sakurai doesnt add the characters in the game right when he updates their profile you know. Lucas likely started as a Ness carbon copy just with a different look, before they started developing him into what he is now.

Oh, and if both were in, their A moves and grab are WAYYYYY too different for them to be clones. The closest thing would be to call them B move clones...

SmashBrosManiac

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't that take away from the only reason of his return?
What do you mean exactly?

I'm just sayin... they may have wanted to revamp Ness alltogether for Brawl, and so gave some of his moves to a new character (Lucas) so they weren't a total waste. I know it's not "logical", but speculating is fun, lol :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What do you mean exactly?

I'm just sayin... they may have wanted to revamp Ness alltogether for Brawl, and so gave some of his moves to a new character (Lucas) so they weren't a total waste. I know it's not "logical", but speculating is fun, lol :chuckle:
If Ness' moves changed that dramatically, the purporse of his return would cease to exist, other than...

Well, Smash character-wise...

I guess for other reasons people would want his return though

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
5 bucks says that Ness is revealed in tomorrow's update with a new moveset, and today's update was just to throw us off by using some tricky wording.

Either that or we get a Ness assist trophy tomorrow.

Either way I'll laugh.

Because this update does not deconfirm Ness; look at the wording:

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now"

Now if you believe this to deconfirm Ness.... think again. For this statement to be meant to include the final product of the game, that would mean that Ness would not be APPEARING in Brawl in any form, which is HIGHLY unlikely. His appearance in the last two games automatically makes him trophy worthy.

The statement merely states that Ness has appeared in Smash Bros all the way up till today, and its not certain that he will appear in the future.

Sakurai is just playing with your heads. :)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Even if it said "appeared up until Melee", people would still be in denial...

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
well it looks like Ness' chances are slim :urg: but it could be that Sakurai is just toying with us. I remember hearing that one of the original 12 was not gonna return ( don't ask me where cuz idk ). I personally thought jiggly puff wouldn't make it to Brawl, i mean come on jiggly puff comes back but Ness doesn't?

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
Ness is a million times more well known and popular so I go Ness.
but was he befor 64?
i know when i 1st saw him, given his name i thought he was a made up guy, only after i heard about mother much later did i know.

lucas would help mother 3 come to english countries. MOST characters need to be known, some can be unknown to help boost their fame.

would i have known who lucas was if being unlocked in brawl was the 1st time i'd seen him, no, would i guess where he came from, yes, and in 1-2 years after brawl is out, and mother 3 is for sale too, would you think he's out of place? no

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Other language translation

In the french update it said it a bit differently.

"Vous connaissiez Ness depuis son apparition dans la série Smash Bros, vous allez donc vite adopter Lucas, qui lui ressemble beaucoup. Ils appartiennent à la même famille de personnages PK."

Translation(Yeah I speak french):

You all know Ness since his debut in Smash bros, then your going easily adapt to Lucas which ressemble him alot.
They come from the same pk family.

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
I was pretty much convinced that Ness wouldn't be back as soon as I heard about Lucas being in Brawl. It seems Sakurai has been trying not to have too many representatives from any one series (with the obvious exception of the Kirby series). Tonight's update really was the final nail in the coffin for Ness. Lucas has the same special moves that Ness used to. Ness is not in the game. You can complain about it, you can speculate as to how he "just might be in it they're just saving him until later and they're giving him a new moveset."

The fact is that barring something stupid like more clones, Ness will not be in Brawl. The ONLY reasonable argument I've heard so far is that none of the other secret characters from SSB64 have been revealed yet, but that doesn't really prove anything one way or another.

EDIT: The above post is basically saying flat out "Ness is not Brawl."

Stado

Smash Apprentice
I honestly have a headache now from reading all the stupid posts that try to say that Ness isn't deconfirmed. Well, you're wrong, people. He's gone in terms of being a playable character and that's all there is to it. Give it up already, please. My head hurts enough already; I can't even post an inflammatory response to such idiocy as that would only make it worse.

Be glad he's gone. Lucas is both aesthetically cooler and mechanically sounder when compared to the boy with the red baseball cap and bat whose moves never even belonged to him and wasn't even meant to be in Smash Bros. in the first place. Plus, this substantially boosts Claus' own chances of appearing as a second MOTHER rep. So, again, be glad he's gone.... Seriously. I don't want to have to go all Chris Hansen on your *****.

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
Well, I guess it's time to remove Ness from my avatar. That update helped me finally get over the fact that Ness is out. That's good, though. This basically deconfirms all Mother 2 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom