• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness In Action!

eHerbieInReverse

Smash Apprentice
-Bored in class-

Anyways, so I recently rewatched the cutscene in SSE that introduced Ness. Did any other of you Ness-people out there have their heart warmed when Ness comes to save the day? Especially when he's portrayed to be such a youthful, brilliant fighter instead of completely clumsy or a slow moving PSI-caster.

I mean, come on, the way he dodged those beams was amazing, amirite? He used his jumping skills that we see all the time in the game but were so much more cinematically portrayed it was almost poetic.

I wish to see more of this type of Ness action. Like watching Brawl is always nice, but to me, it's always seemed like the simple retelling of the action. Like I want to see more of the actual action scenes that the battles are supposed to look like (kind of how Final Fantasy is).

Kaze127

Smash Rookie
yeah i agree. it was great that nintendo didnt make ness look a noob character lol. kinda funny how bad they make lucas look though lol.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Hmm... Pk thunder and internal Pk Flash takes away 100,000,000 Hp...

Well, then again Pk flash was a one hit KO sometimes in Earthbound.
Yes I was glad to see Ness save Lucas. It was cool.

eHerbieInReverse

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. He definitely had the heroic charm seen in other charismatic characters such as Spider-Man. That, cocky, but overall cool attitude towards dangerous situations.

And yes, Ref, when Ness is in the zone, it takes away 100,000,000 HP. Don't doubt him [: haha.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I loved his coolness in SSE, but they needed to give him a larger role!
Dude, he was pretty much the single most important character in the plot of the SSE!

If Ness wasn't around when the Dedede badges triggered, that wimp Luigi wouldn't have saved Dedede's butt! He'd have run! And then no one would have restored our heroes in subspace, and beat Tabuu!
THE WORLD WOULD END.
Pretty **** important. ;)

Plus we can assume that the three of them were needed to get through the trials of subspace.

Odd the comparison to Spider Man. Of course Ness faces danger with courage! That was the whole thing with EB! Courage, friendship, other virtue (:embarrass). . . C"mon.
The gameplay of an RPG is pretty reckless, too. I mean you just charge into danger playing any RPG, right?

Eh, I'm babbling.

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
Dude, he was pretty much the single most important character in the plot of the SSE!

If Ness wasn't around when the Dedede badges triggered, that wimp Luigi wouldn't have saved Dedede's butt! He'd have run! And then no one would have restored our heroes in subspace, and beat Tabuu!
THE WORLD WOULD END.
Pretty **** important. ;)

Plus we can assume that the three of them were needed to get through the trials of subspace.

Odd the comparison to Spider Man. Of course Ness faces danger with courage! That was the whole thing with EB! Courage, friendship, other virtue (:embarrass). . . C"mon.
The gameplay of an RPG is pretty reckless, too. I mean you just charge into danger playing any RPG, right?

Eh, I'm babbling.
I'm sure Luigi would notice that something is stack on his nose and realise that Dedede has saved him...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
That's a good way to think of it lol

Y'know, I just rewatched that scene a couple of times and I just noticed Luigi flinched when Dedede picked up his hammer, even though he wasnt going to hurt them XD

eHerbieInReverse

Smash Apprentice

Eh, I'm babbling.
Yeah, but I meant to point out the fact that he not only comes in with courage, Sakurai's team did a really good job of portraying what Ness is: A veteran in battle. He comes with such a playful attitude towards the fight and it's just awesome to see him displaying what his whole story has developed him into.

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
That's a good way to think of it lol

Y'know, I just rewatched that scene a couple of times and I just noticed Luigi flinched when Dedede picked up his hammer, even though he wasnt going to hurt them XD
Dedede just Smacked Luigi with his hammer when he turned him into a trophy, ofcourse he'd be scared of it... am I defending Luigi too much?:laugh:

JSTN!

Smash Rookie
I didn't want any spoilers considering im an RPG player. I had no idea ness was going to be in the game untill ssbm. I was relieved =)

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
Look, I understand how Ness fleew, dj and all,
but how the hell did Pokey fly???

Top Bottom