• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' D+B on ledge, + DJC and semi-stall

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
I didn't know Ness' down-B could grab ledges. :| I bet everyone else knew.

Anyways, this means that using the speedy frame of his backwards DJ (horiz DJC, lol), you can fly backwards away from your opponent (absorbing missiles as you go) and grab the ledge. It's awesome against Mario/Luigi. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can grab the ledge on frame 1 of the Down-B, meaning that (in a TAS, anyways) you could mini-ledgestall, because letting go of the edge would take 1 frame and D+Bing would take 1 more, immediately following which Ness would re-grab. So opponents would only have a 2-frame window to hit you... making it essentially a stall.

Ant-d should try it. :p I think it'd work.

By the way, not that anyone cares, I just perfected fair/bair/nair r-cancelled DJC's on the console this past week. :) DJC-fair combo to the edge + DJC-dair is so cheap... time to try against real people now. :p

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I didn't, but I don't know as much as some of the other people like Sensai and like...Malva.
And it doesn't absorb anything until the green thing pops up, and that's definitely not the first frame, so...eh.
And I can't DJC worth beans :(

ant-d

Smash Lord
Ness grabs the ledge on the 25th frame of Down+B. The opponent has many opportunities to hit him.

The video is processing and I'm tired so I'll update this later.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Well, bugger. Ah well.

And Wenbo, you have time to get your green up because you're flying backwards. So the projectiles shouldn't catch up to you until you speed slows down a bit -- and your green is up by then. Then you float slowly down onto the ledge, collecting health as you go. :p

Also, running away from a Fireballing Mario/Luigi, then DJCing a PK Fire to turn you around is very effective. ^_^

Top Bottom