• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Counterplay

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I don't know how much people will want to announce Ness's weaknesses in a easy to access thread, but I'll get you started on some of the problems I saw you complain about in the general discussion thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/ness-pk-fire.332623/

That thread should help you cope with pkfire. Outside of that, I recommend you learn how to outspace ness and keep him out. There's nothing a Ness player hates more than a patient opponent who doesn't make mistakes. Because in a game where you pay patiently, safely, and outspace him, a Ness won't be able to get in.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
he can only initiate a safe offense from certain angles. like fairs coming down from a diagonal angle. he has to play pretty defensively sometimes. because of this he can be outspaced by the likes of ike and marth. he is sometimes outmaneuvered by fast characters like fox, sheik, and even mewtwo.

ness has an extremely powerful punish game but his initation is weak. he relies on defensive/offensive fairs, aggressive nairs, dash dance grabs, or pk fire. he has to ESTABLISH and stick to his neutral game. because of this, i think fast or long-range characters can pressure him before he can get started.

also snake is just very hard to fight in general. ness has big hitboxes and he will be prone to detonating stuff

Top Bottom