• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' Changes in the 1.05 3DS Patch

Meccs

@Meccs_
I figure we should have a thread for any changes we've found for Ness in the new 3DS patch. I went through the frame data below, and nothing has changed.

http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8

But who knows, maybe some subtle things here and there. If you feel like anything's different, let's discuss it here, I suppose.

But really, I don't think there are any changes from this.

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Pretty sure this is not a balance update. Some cool things have changed, but not in-game other than glitches.
People need to check more of the ATs though.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Yeah that's what it seems like. Nothing feels too different. So I guess this can be more for GD so we can test people's placebo-effect thoughts.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well, I though Ness' second pk thunder after being thrown in a wall could have been removed, bu this isn't the case.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, I though Ness' second pk thunder after being thrown in a wall could have been removed, bu this isn't the case.
Why on Earth would they remove that? He needs it, and it was clearly intended.

If anything, they should make it work more consistently on left walls :\

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I though it was a glitch or something, and Sakurai likes to remove ATs and related stuff.

Good thing it's still here.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I though it was a glitch or something, and Sakurai likes to remove ATs and related stuff.

Good thing it's still here.
It wasn't in Brawl, so they had to have added it. Plus, the fact that it was programmed to work only once tells me that it was intended.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah the wall bounce is very clearly intended.

And I really do wish both sides worked the same.

In that case, would you want it to work like left walls or right walls?

Wall riding with the left side is nice cause it's easier, but getting consistent wall bounces on the right side makes it easier to recover very very low. Plus you look cool wall bouncing. 8)

Uffe

Smash Hero
A balance update will probably come in when Mewtwo is finally released. We'll see, though. I can only hope they amp up Ness a tad or don't touch him.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah the wall bounce is very clearly intended.

And I really do wish both sides worked the same.

In that case, would you want it to work like left walls or right walls?

Wall riding with the left side is nice cause it's easier, but getting consistent wall bounces on the right side makes it easier to recover very very low. Plus you look cool wall bouncing. 8)
Definitely the bounce. The wall ride is inconsistent as hail because it trades off with the wall ricochet at times (which gets you killed...). Plus, you can actually extend the net distance of your recovery with the bounce.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
I wish they would implement both on both walls as a compromise some way...

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Hopeless dreamer here if a balance update ever happens again:
Fair gains it's old hitbox (the giant one from Melee/Brawl) and works the same as Smash 4.
Dair gets all startup and endlag removed. The chances of meteor remain the same for the sake of meteor balance.
Either PK Flash gets the gigantic hitbox from Melee and remains slow, or it stays with the same hitbox, but way faster.
D-Tilt gets that horrible sourspot removed. And little more range.
Yoyos get the useless sourspot removed and just hit hard. Also a little more range would be great.
Bat as fast as Melee's.
Either U-Throw works like the Melee one for guaranteed follow-up or is an straight kill move like B-Throw.
Make the wall boncing of the left walls work like the right ones.

Last edited:

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Hopeless dreamer here if a balance update ever happens again:
Fair gains it's old hitbox (the giant one from Melee/Brawl) and works the same as Smash 4.
Dair gets all startup and endlag removed. The chances of meteor remain the same for the sake of meteor balance.
Either PK Flash gets the gigantic hitbox from Melee and remains slow, or it stays with the same hitbox, but way faster.
D-Tilt gets that horrible sourspot removed. And little more range.
Yoyos get the useless sourspot removed and just hit hard. Also a little more range would be great.
Bat as fast as Melee's.
Either U-Throw works like the Melee one for guaranteed follow-up or is an straight kill move like B-Throw.
Make the wall boncing of the left walls work like the right ones.
That'd maybe give him a top tier position...

Top Bottom