• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness can use PK Thunder Twice mid-air

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
Playing a Ness in For Glory when he PK thunder missiles into a wall. Thinking that's the stock, I quit my edge guard... Then he did it again and recovered. When Ness ricochets off a wall on an Omega stage, his bouncing off said wall refreshes his up B. Is this known? I have the video if it's needed in a later post.

brenmad

Smash Rookie
Yeah if you hit it fast enough after hitting a wall, you can get another PK Thunder, but you cant get a third.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Actually, it's not if you hit it fast enough as it is if you hit the wall at the correct angle. I've noticed that if you aim a tad at an angle on the wall, you'll be able to recover. If you just go horizontal into the wall, I don't think it works. I remember fighting a Dr. Mario that did the same thing as the OP and I came back.

brenmad

Smash Rookie
Ive noticed it only works on the right wall, not the left. Not 100% sure on that though

Actually I looked it up; Its any angle on the right all, specific angle on the left.

Last edited:

VentusNeos

Smash Cadet
NNID
VentusNeos
3DS FC
0087-2490-5498
Was it me? Cause I do it a lot of For Glory.

But seriously this is pretty well known for Ness players. It's a very effective tech if you master it. For just recovering and mindgames. It also making any omega stage with walls a counterpick, because stages that just float (such as battle field or final destination) are slightly harder to pull it off on. Not because of bouncing off, but the timing of the second PK thunder, as if you do it too early it could be negated by the wall.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a Ness player really. I mean I can PK fire> back throw with the best of them, but I haven't got around to the little guy yet. Also, I didn't really scour the Ness boards, but I didn't see an AT sticky with this in there or anything. Maybe you guys should make one and clear this technique, and others like it, up a bit.

ilysm

sleepy
I think the reason it isn't an AT sticky is because it's been a fairly well-known technique amongst Ness mains since almost the game's release on the 3DS. We've worked out the finnicky bits, including the left/right wall differences (you need a steeper angle at the left wall, making it less useful, but the left wall is easier to slide up). I'm pretty sure @Earthbound360 made a guide somewhere on here, too. But yeah, it's a neat little technique, and a great boon to his recovery. Edgeguarders be warned.

Last edited:

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
Edge guarders be warned... I think I lost a stock into the blast zone at 20% trying to spike a Ness that wasn't going to make it back anyway. For the new mains though, this kind of stuff seems pretty important. I'm gonna try and push for an AT sticky in the Falcon boards too, just to have a place to keep it all.

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
The left side you're able to ride the wall more so than the right but the right side is when you're able to do it again. You can do it on the left but at a much different angle.

Top Bottom