• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness and Handicap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
I have checked the search bar thoroughly and found no other thread with this topic. I did however find a Ness Speculation Thread, but this post concerns new information and the Ness Speculation Thread has been bumped back because it has been around for awhile, and I'm not sure if anyone even reads it anymore.

That being said, I understand that Ness may be a sore subject for some of the members here on the boards, so if you have some kind of natural bias against threads like these, please do not spam or flame or whatever. There are many people who think Ness is officially deconfirmed (I was one of those people until two days ago), but there are still many others who beileve Ness will make a comeback.

Now, the main point of this post; one of the main reasons most people think Ness is not returning is because of the "Lucas's Specail Moves" update from last week on the Dojo. Direct text from Sakurai (Sakurai's translator if you want to get technical about it) explained that "In the smash series there has been a character names Ness up until now". But in an even more recent update, Handicap, it says "Until now, I have made sure to inculde Handicaps". Obviously, Handicap is returning, so I think the "until now" quote has been misinterpreted.

Also, another main reason people think Ness is gone is because Lucas's Specail Moves are similar to those of Ness's from Melee. I have no new information regarding this, but I will adress it because I know I will get replies that say "but they're moves are the same". Well, Ness's Moves can change or they both play differently concerning smash attacks, jumps, and different attributes of their Specail Attacks (ie. Lucas's neutral B freezes his opponents, maybe Ness's neutral B will burn them or something).

*NOTE* This is not to say that Ness is confirmed of deconfirmed (obviously it's not to say he's deconfirmed). It's just pointing out a fact. Also, I don't usually type this much, so sorry for the long read.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now, the main point of this post; one of the main reasons most people think Ness is not returning is because of the "Lucas's Specail Moves" update from last week on the Dojo. Direct text from Sakurai (Sakurai's translator if you want to get technical about it) explained that "In the smash series there has been a character names Ness up until now". But in an even more recent update, Handicap, it says "Until now, I have made sure to inculde Handicaps". Obviously, Handicap is returning, so I think the "until now" quote has been misinterpreted.
No, the main reason people think Ness is not returning was not the update's wording but rather its content: It's because Lucas got most of Ness moves, one with a heavy modification, two with slight changes and one exactly the same. If Ness were to return he would:

a.) Be a clone, which is not likely since Brawl is supposed to not have clones.

b.) Have a different moveset, which would be silly since they could have given new moves to Lucas, not Ness, if both were to appear in the game.

I still agree that nothing is confirmed yet, but the "until now" issue is pointless.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...Then you post this in that thread instead of making a new one.

I totally agree with Gilgamesh here though. If you're trying to give hope for Ness fans, it's really just a lost cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom