• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nerf Fox for ssbb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Smash Master
In my short time on this forum, I've heard a few people say they feel Fox should be heavily "nerfed" for Brawl.
A few of these claim he was an Uber character, but I must say myself, i've never had any troubles with real people playing him (and they were pretty good players) or computers (well, they suck, frankley).

So, why do people feel he is near-invincible?

(also, I main Gannondorf, I find fox VERY easy when using him)

So, my question is, do people feel fox should be nerfed for brawl?
Or kept the same?
(Mabye even improve!)
Thank you! (:

Blackadder

Smash Master
wow.
Thats incredible.
But then why don't people complain about falco?
I havent tried it, but surley he can do that too?

I also still hold my ground, as i belive a skilled enough player could avoid letting Fox get to them before they can do such "shine blinds".

Zodiac

Smash Master
They already stated in the NintenDrone interview that they were working specially on making this game much more balanced than ssbm. So Im pretty sure this time around fox must stick in his hole tier wise.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ah yes..
So he most likely WILL be nerfed then.
Does anyone feel there are any other aspect of his powers that should be toned down?

Ok,this is retarted.

For one,shined blind is the WORSE referanance to Fox players in general.All of the used techniques are situational,flashy,and generally not useful in an actual battle.Now,insted of looking at combo video's,watch some real Fox matches,and tell me how many people do you see doing that.Flashy Fox players generally don't succeed in tournaments.

Secondy,to the people who have created Smash Bros. Fox is preety balanced in general without taking advanced playing into consideration.Remember,because we want it to happen doesn't mean it's going to happen.In the eyes of the general smash player,Fox is an average character.

Jesus,you people complain about the character and don't even pay with them.Do you know how hard(and stupid) it is to do those things in shined blind?It takes rediculous finger speed,and a good player would know not to do those unecessary things.Try doing your research before jumping to idiotic conclusions.

Also,that interview was false.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I may not be an avid Fox player, but i do kick-arse in game.
I went offline and tried this "Fox Blind" thing, and yes, it IS exeedingly hard to master. I only got Falcon 3 times with it.
I am once again asking, should he be nerfed?

I may not be an avid Fox player, but i do kick-arse in game.
I went offline and tried this "Fox Blind" thing, and yes, it IS exeedingly hard to master. I only got Falcon 3 times with it.
I am once again asking, should he be nerfed?
YOu shouldn't assume that you're that good.You are only good when you face an opponent who is better than you,then defeat him.

The shines are hard to master,but they are also unecessary to master as well.Combo video's usually display combo's as result of one situation or bad DI.(Except for Forward M I RITE? ^^)

I really won't care that much is Fox is nerfed or not even though i'm a Fox player.But I doubt he'll be nerfed,because in the eyes of a general player,he's pretty balanced.

Zodiac

Smash Master
YOu shouldn't assume that you're that good.You are only good when you face an opponent who is better than you,then defeat him.

The shines are hard to master,but they are also unecessary to master as well.Combo video's usually display combo's as result of one situation or bad DI.(Except for Forward M I RITE? ^^)

I really won't care that much is Fox is nerfed or not even though i'm a Fox player.But I doubt he'll be nerfed,because in the eyes of a general player,he's pretty balanced.
No, he's not, the second I picked melee I knew, Fox was cheap. that aside, yes fox is cheap, he;s top tier for a reason, and frankly it takes a player more skilled than whoever's playing fox to win, in most cases.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Bah, I'm still pretty good.
And I have faced the odd Master player in my time, and won.
(though I'm not a god-like player)
I don't have much trouble with fox being nerfed or not, I've never found him an attractive player (I dislike lighter characters)..
And I must admit, I always felt him to be average character, untill I heard all these people on forums and such saying he is "TEH BOOOMBZZZ".
I dont think he shoudl be nerfed.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Ok,this is retarted.

For one,shined blind is the WORSE referanance to Fox players in general.All of the used techniques are situational,flashy,and generally not useful in an actual battle.Now,insted of looking at combo video's,watch some real Fox matches,and tell me how many people do you see doing that.Flashy Fox players generally don't succeed in tournaments.

Secondy,to the people who have created Smash Bros. Fox is preety balanced in general without taking advanced playing into consideration.Remember,because we want it to happen doesn't mean it's going to happen.In the eyes of the general smash player,Fox is an average character.

Jesus,you people complain about the character and don't even pay with them.Do you know how hard(and stupid) it is to do those things in shined blind?It takes rediculous finger speed,and a good player would know not to do those unecessary things.Try doing your research before jumping to idiotic conclusions.

Also,that interview was false.
Cool... Now that you're done complaining on how you cant be technical with fox, im going to point out the contradictory in this.

You are like "Fox is preety balanced in general without taking advanced playing into consideration" That basically speaks for itself. But i'll point it out anyways. Its toward the without taking advanced techs into consideration part. ALSO brawl will be online thus making this game very competative. Then you are like "shined blind is situational flashy stuff" thats part of just knowing the game, everything is situational and knowing how to respond to that is what makes a good player good.

Now to point out things that piss me off in here cause they are wrong. "flashy players dont do well in tournaments" Well go ahead and tell that to silent wolf who ***** us over here in WA tournaments. Also theres a recent vid up where fastliketree 3 stocks caveman (fastliketree is a technical fox). Okay ppl mentioning shined blind dont know what new age fox players can do. Where as almost everyone that i play with can waveshine and stuff, thats not even technical anymore. I can waveshine and shine fox outta both his recoveries! Am i good now?! Its basic smash skillz. "It takes rediculous finger speed,and a good player would know not to do those unecessary things" Watch ottos fingers when he plays. Oh unless you're saying hes not a 'good player'.

Im not saying im good or anything, im just saying you dont know the reason why fox is top tier. IMO fox isnt the most broken character in the game or the best, but he should definately be nurfed. I dont think I like his easy up throw uair combo against marth........

:034:

Smash Hero
Fox should be nerfed. Why? Everybody and their mothers play as him. I ask around in class who they play with Smash, I get 'Fox' as answer most of the time.

I don't think his speed should be nerfed, but in the very least some of his attacks (upsmash, shine, etc) should be nerfed in power.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I like your sig Jace. =]

Shined Blind isn't technical at all. I'm pretty sure Zelgadis doesn't fancy people referring to his old combo videos as good. I know I hate when people are like "Omg your combo vids tight" to me. (Cuz its old and I hate it)

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I love your combo video shane. Its to tight. I wish i could do *insert combo from combo video here* my favorite part was when you pwned *insert average skill player*. Back on topic. Fox's uair should have less stun time for the opponent on it and his shine should hit you into the ground so you can tech it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom