• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Negative Nancies 2: ACTUAL UPDATE THIS TIME! Assist Trophies taken into account.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
allow me to clarify. The space for big brown fuzzy animal has already been filled
And the win goes to DonkeyPirate. Not only did he quote Shrek, but he Pirated the quote from a Donkey... check, mate.

Banjo Kazooie was about as good as Castlevania 64. And as far as Cloud getting in... Ryu has a better chance, at least he actually appeared on a nintendo console.

Abortion Doc

Smash Cadet
Mii integrationsauce

I can't believe no one has thought about this yet, but I think it's quite plausible that a Mii could be a character. The character itself would have a moveset and physics set in stone, but you could slap on different heads, bodies, and colors.

Y'know what I mean, meng?

JPW

Smash Ace
i don't know where to put this so i'll try here.

With today's update and such it got me thinking how will the Assist Trophies be used in a match. Are they just items we pick up, or can we set them to what we want in and out. Then I came up with this.

First off all I hope that you'll be able to go through and still unlock the assist trophies. Some should be that way I feel. Especially the odd/random ones.

I was also thinking how will these assist trophies get thrown in the match. Will we be able to turn off the boring ones..... Then it hit me. What if for each character you could choose your 3 preferred Assist Trophies. And through your match you can call them out.

Why do I say a choice of 3 for each character. Differentiality, longetivity(keep them spaced out.), and some people do like to have 99 Stock matches.

The assist trophies are your spare items. Your candy in Mario Party, your side kicks in Mario Strikers Charged, Your items in Mario Kart. They are there to help you along... huh?

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I'd like to add something after JUST reading the first thread....

When you say that The saying that "a character cannot appear if it did not originate in Video Games" should be amended to say that "a character cannot appear if it did not orginate in Video Games IN THE JAPANESE MARKET."

I say this because, in a few instances, video game franchises have arrived in America as vanguard comics, TV shows, etc. before the game was released. For example, in some American cities, the Pokemon TV show came on a few weeks before Pokemon Red and Blue came out.

Darkurai

Smash Master
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! I have my fingers crossed that Banjo will eat you in your sleep and throw you up for Kazooie (that's actually kind of gross, I take that back)

Banjo 4 Brawl!~
No. Literally impossible. Banjo is owned by Rare, and Rare is now owned by Microsoft.
Banjo cannot be in Brawl.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
No. Literally impossible. Banjo is owned by Rare, and Rare is now owned by Microsoft.
Banjo cannot be in Brawl.
Thank GODDDDDDD. Screwwwwwwwww banjo and kazooie. Thank goodness, anything that confirms horrible unneeded characters out like banjo and kazooie or ridley is always welcome in my book.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
lol, I love this shinanigans...jk
Seriously though, Banjo probably isn't in Brawl but I hope he is, (he is only SECOND party and there are 3 third parties so who REALLY knows at this point?) in fact!!!!!!!! HE'S IN!!!!!!

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!

I'm not really a Banjo fan, I like the idea of him in Brawl because he IS and all but what ev'
I'll just Peck and Punch you all to death when it's released.

PP TIME!!!!!

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Well, common sense confirms them in alot of cases.
I actually thought about your statement and realized it's illogical. Therefore, I must ask you to define "common sense". As far as i'm concerned, there's neither an implied notion for them to be in my sakurai nor do I see either character fitting in too well. Granted, dumb characters like red are in but still.

Darkurai

Smash Master
lol, I love this shinanigans...jk
Seriously though, Banjo probably isn't in Brawl but I hope he is, (he is only SECOND party and there are 3 third parties so who REALLY knows at this point?) in fact!!!!!!!! HE'S IN!!!!!!

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!

I'm not really a Banjo fan, I like the idea of him in Brawl because he IS and all but what ev'
I'll just Peck and Punch you all to death when it's released.

PP TIME!!!!!
Yes, he is second party.
TO MICROSOFT.
NOT Nintendo.
LITERALLY impossible for Banjo to be in this game.

Abortion Doc

Smash Cadet
Logic is no factor

After seeing Nintendo whip out the Pokemon Trainer, I don't even think any of the ideas mentioned in this topic have any merit.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I say Toad should be in. here are a few reasons:
1-Many people like him
2-He's very famous
3-He has been in many mario games
4-His moveset would be very interesting and fun

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
I say Toad should be in. here are a few reasons:
1-Many people like him
2-He's very famous
3-He has been in many mario games
4-His moveset would be very interesting and fun
Ummm, he's pretty much already been deconfirmed by the whole Princess Peach move set. Also, what would be so interesting or fun about his move set? Toads are a really generic species...

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Ummm, he's pretty much already been deconfirmed by the whole Princess Peach move set. Also, what would be so interesting or fun about his move set? Toads are a really generic species...
Some would argue that having Pikachu in the game should deconfirm pokemon trainer, yet it doesn't.
Peach appears to pull out one of the generic, younger toads. We could have Toadsworth (older toad) as an assist trophy....

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
notftomearth7;2799519 I think that assist trophies are an original concept don't you.[/QUOTE said:
I see you've never heard of Jump Super Stars on the DS.

Zoomzoomkid111

Smash Cadet
I have a Mii-yamoto, sorry bad pun =P ... Miyamoto would wield a wiimote and nunchuck and shoot fireballs out of his hands like Lui Kang. :bigthumbu

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well, metroid should have somneone else from the francise i mean she was a starter in all games and probably in brawl to. but the zero suit probably took villain or sidkicks place. Megaman would be okay easy final smash i mean game after game he jsut gets a new suit. Starting to ruin the megaman francise and i kind of doubt he'll make it but yeah. Sonic would be good a speedy charecter no range attacks dash can be into a ball he can use sonic wind and final smash well super sonic. Naruto would make a good charecter seeing as he has alot of jutsus for movesets and final smash kyuubi, but as u said "NO ANIME OR MANGA" and seeing as naruto fits both of those he's out it's sad. Also just putting this out there anyone think u shud have unlockable colours for each character? Fire mario corrupt phazon powersuit smaus, DK with a tie like in the show, shiny pikachu, also this gives u a chance to keep young link and characters like that. Agree or disagree?

volbound1700

Smash Master
I just read OP and that is it but want to say (not sure if this was debated) that Ducktales and Chip N' Dale had games on the NES so they might fall under it (doubt they will since Disney owns them).

MinunQ

Smash Rookie
If it hasn't been suggested already, maybe you could insert your Mii as a playable character in Brawl, with moves based on Wii Sports and Wii Play.

Top Bottom