• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

needing tips to get better

dooweey

Smash Rookie
hey everyone. i've been on smashboards for a while, but i never really posted anything before so i guess i should introduce myself. I'm Tim and I'm a Fox player from Guam. I play like mad, but i can't seem to get any better. below is a recent vid of me losing to a marth player. i've been over it many times and i just want to know if you guys have any constructive criticism. thanks!

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9cJZ3oO-tI

Slashed

Smash Cadet
Well, you're a bit slow and you don't move around enough. Fox is meant to apply pressure. Mind games are one of th ebiggest parts of the game. If you can get the occasion SHL in, that's great, but don't focus on it. Try to do more shffls.
AND SHINE MORE. It's like, the best move ever created, so use it. Also, try to cover yourself better and use more variety.
A couple things I like though...at around 1:26 when you did a wavedash > usmash. It seemed like the Marth wasn't expecting it, and quite frankly, neither was I. You need to work on better combos though, and the wavedash/waveshine > usmash is certainly a great finisher.

felix45

Smash Lord
dont roll

shine after every arial into his shield

never charge smashes unless it is to edgegaurd but that sucks against marth so in that case just never ever charge smashes.

jump cancel your grabs

always ALWAYS up throw to up arial. ALWAYS. this is a MUST. it is like free easy kills. fox's best combo and finisher BY FAR. this is detrimental to your game. USE IT.

your recovery was predictable and so are you in general. you always went up at an angle when recovering from low and you always went down at an angle when recovering from high. also after just one wavedash back y ou would then go in which would usually fail, you should dash dance a lot more to bait marth. you are lucky that marth was WAY more offensive than it should be, it could have easily punished your predictable playstyle and your charged smashes much worse than it did.

also on waveshine to usmash on marth it doesnt work marth slides too far. if you are lucky you can grab marth after it assuming marth shields, but to do this you need to perfect wd to jc grab, and from what I can tell you dont jc your grabs.

Top Bottom