• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need votes on which Melee character I should main.

Which Melee character should I main based on my offensive playstyle

• Total voters

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
I play a very hyper offensive, and aggressive type style. I enjoy lengthy combos, Juggling, and a good edge guard game. I also love limiting my opponents options, approach, and punish them hard for bad mistakes. You can pick up to four characters. Yes I'm fully aware that DK and Yoshi are mid tiers. However they fit my play style well, and I don't really care too much about tiers because I don't play at a highly competitive level

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
One thing first, defining your play style as aggressive is a bad thing to do. While you can be a more aggressive player than others and it is a good strategy at times to play aggressive, if you are always aggressive, you won't do well. It is easy to counter an aggressive player. As an ICs player I would just wavedash back, shield often and punish badly spaced aerials while controlling center stage.

Getting that out of the way. I would say Falco, if you are willing to put a lot of time into the character. Lasers can control the pace of neutral and he has great combos. Though because he is a spacie, he can be punished hard.

If you want a less technically demanding character. I would way Sheik, she has a good combo game and great tools. Especially great at edge guarding.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
One thing first, defining your play style as aggressive is a bad thing to do. While you can be a more aggressive player than others and it is a good strategy at times to play aggressive, if you are always aggressive, you won't do well. It is easy to counter an aggressive player. As an ICs player I would just wavedash back, shield often and punish badly spaced aerials while controlling center stage.

Getting that out of the way. I would say Falco, if you are willing to put a lot of time into the character. Lasers can control the pace of neutral and he has great combos. Though because he is a spacie, he can be punished hard.

If you want a less technically demanding character. I would way Sheik, she has a good combo game and great tools. Especially great at edge guarding.
Well I wouldn't say I'm always aggressive when it comes to my play style. I don't just randomly start charging at the opponent. When I say I have an aggressive style of play, I mean't it in the sense that based on what I enjoy when it comes to a smash bros character. Thanks for your help by the way. I was leaning towards either Marth, Falco, or Sheik.

Dark Byte

Smash Cadet
I think you should play as fok because he has the best shine in the whole game.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Don't let others make this decision for you, you will regret it.

Just take some time, experiment thoroughly with all of the characters, and see which one suits you best.

mods when will these threads go away

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
If you're a **** for memes and style like I am go for falco.
The dair is disgusting to be against and Sh laser can create openings

SSG SAX GAMER

Smash Apprentice
You just perfectly described falco, good combo game along with a great offense and awesome dair. He is very combo centric and is the character for you if you don't mind being a glass canon as he has a bad recovery and can be edge guarded against pretty easily.

Top Bottom