• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need to Learn Cloud Player Habits

Vincey_Boi

Smash Apprentice
So, Recently I've been getting a ton better at smash and have been dedicating my life to getting great at smash more than ever. And with that, I am on the grind. And since I'm on the grind, I have been wanting to learn every single Character's habits, Such as Aerial approaches, regular approaches, Combos & everything in between. I'm tired of being lazy and refusing to learn anything about any character so i would appreciate the help about cloud habits or anything about the character to help me understand cloud a little mo.

Shaan J.

Smash Rookie
I play Cloud...a little bit...maybe I could give you my habits?

If you play 3-stock and you're over the edge and you are on your final stock, many Cloud players will charge their limit and then come at you. Once they get to you, they will use Side-B...and then it's game over. I see you main Dark Pit...try to use your recovery before the Cloud player gets to you.

Another habit of mine is I try to spike with F-Air...I can't seem to get the hang of it, but actual Cloud mains will spike a LOT. Try to air dodge this and then counterattack using N-Air.

One last thing...when you're not over the edge and they have their limit charged, either...
A: spam projectiles. You will want to get out of range from his sword because if he uses Down-B when you are close to him...yeah, just don't
B: force him over the edge. He'll be forced to use his limit on his recovery.

Hope you appreciated this! :)

Firox

Smash Master
A: spam projectiles. You will want to get out of range from his sword because if he uses Down-B when you are close to him...yeah, just don't
I caution this. As someone how plays Cloud as a competitive secondary, I will use Limit Blade Beam on spammers because the limit version of the projectile has what's called the "transcendent" property. In other words, other projectiles won't interact with/block it so if you try to use boomerangs, arrows, etc. I will simply trade shots for a killing blow. My best advise against a Limit-powered Cloud is to:

A) Shield a lot. Cloud's grab game kinda sucks so most Clouds will try to used Limit Cross slash or Finishing Touch to kill you. Both moves do little to shields so if you have a good OoS option you might even be able to punish.

B) If your opposing Cloud favors Limit Blade beam, then listen real close for the audio cue. It makes a sort of ticking sound right before the animation so you can dodge or shield it before you even see it coming.

Top Bottom