• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need to get in contact with BoF from pj64

execute

Smash Rookie
BoF is the sn of someone of pj64. He was helping me troubleshoot my controller problem. If anyone knows his AIM or how to get in contact with him please post here.

execute

Smash Rookie
Ok when I try to select my character on versus mode screen the hand that selects the character is non-existant. It turns out I can still play online bc although the hand is invisible I can still manage to eventually get it to my character. I have trouble shot this problem with the thread below and I put in a new graphics card, but I still cannot get the hand to be visible when I select on the versus mode screen. The only reason I was asking specifically for that one player at the top of this thread is that we were in the middle of talking through this problem when we lost each other. I was getting certain error messages and he had had precisely the same problem in the past. I am thinking it is a problem with my graphics card, but if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Oh and BTW I use the usb adapter that plugs into an N64 controller.

** edit also people who are playing me online claim that they can see my hand just fine, although it is invisible to me

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ur using a controller. Replace ur jabos 3d7 with jabos 3d8 from pj64 1.6
After that rename jabos 3d8 to what 3d7 was so it will work online. Sorry if its not a good explination

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
It's not a controller problem. Just update your gfx plugin like BHLMRO said. For details you can see the first post in my troubleshooting thread.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
If you can't get Rice's plugin to work (on some computers it simply refuses to load), then do what BHLMRO has suggested and get Jabo's 3d8 (instead of 3d7, an earlier version).

An alternative is to search on google for "Jabo's patch fix" which you download and extract into your plugin folder-- it should be an addition to your Jabo's plugin and "fix" the flat-shields, sideways fireballs, tiny Samus gun-shot and your "hand" problem.

Also... you could simply learn to navigate with an invisible hand, its not hard to deal with.

execute

Smash Rookie
Thank you all very much, I will try these solutions you posted and tell you guys how it worked out. ** I've been trying to get Rice's plug in to work. My friend who is majoring in information technology and who used to be geek squad at best buy is coming over today and will help me get through this. I will update this post after trying the solutions. Also I tried to delete my other thread because it became useless but I wasn't able to find a function that let you delete your own thread so thanks for locking it.

** yeah I have been playing online with the "invisible hand", it's just I would like to get the problem fixed, but yes you are right I am still able to play online. As previously stated in the thread though the samus fireballs are tiny, the shileds are odd, and marios fireballs are off.

Top Bottom