• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Tips to use Tilts quickly so that Combos can be followed up.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm playing Project M, I put this in PMs General Discussion.

I practice with Mario as I see him as a fairy basic character, and learning how to play with him is great. There's one thing I'm struggling with and that is tilts. I can't seem to follow up my combos with a up tilt. I can only perform them if I jump and hold up but it destroys time and usually fails to land.

Any tips to performing tilts quick and efficiently?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Either disable tap jump in your controller settings or get used to only slightly tilting the control stick in the direction you wish to tilt. It's not that difficult, honestly.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I strongly suggest not disabling tap jump and instead just getting used to pressing up only slightly, not all the way. Disabling tap jump takes away several Jump-Cancel options, which can be essential to your play depending on who you main. You should generally keep from doing anything that'll limit your options, whether it involves taking them away completely, or limiting the methods/scenarios in which you can perform them in; it creates bad habits down the road, which could be avoided by putting a little extra time/effort in.

Just keep practicing it whenever you play. If you really try, you'll probably get U-tilts down within a few days, if not hours.

Last edited:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Something else that you can do is start pressing up during another animation. For example, if you wanted to do a throw > utilt, you could input the throw, hold up while the animation is going, and press a when it finishes.

The game will only cause you to jump if you move the control stick up. If its already being held as far up as it will go before your character returns to neutral, no jump will be inputted.

Top Bottom