• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need tips to destroy D3... with fox of course.

xUnMarkedFattyx

Smash Rookie
I think the title says everything, I have been fox main since the game came out, and I have been noticing more frequently that people will use D3 against him.

This is proving to be very problematic as his gordos aren't hard to deal but that ungodly hammer keeps me from sealing victory, its like a giant fortress that not only shoots cannon balls but also hits fox like he was a whack a moll.

I also hate the fact he can roll out of his attacks fast, minor gripe but still annoying.

So, any tips or tricks will be appreciated.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
D3 is a hard MU. He's the 2nd fastest faller, very heavy and "floaty" making him hard to KO.

He's got good reach, and grab range too, although "lacking" a killing grab.

My advice is play the neutral and wait for that punish option, try to get a ledge trump, be wary that he's floaty enough to just do Uair by the ledge so you'd need to shield in case he does it. Reflect his Gordo's if you can, if not use Ftilt to return them if you can, or Utilt if your back is turned.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fox excels at vertical kills, but Triple D's a really heavy and very fast faller, so vertical kills won't work well against him. Yes, he's lighter than Bowser, but Bowser's a floaty which ends up making Bowser die earlier than Triple D with vertical kill moves. I don't really know how Fox kills horizontally, but you might want to try that more or just go ham with trying to kill him vertically.

Avoid his hammer more than you think you should since it's disjointed enough where you think you're away, but it'll clip you. Triple D can jab cancel like Fox and Sheik. His Dash Attack looks stupid and it's slow, but it lingers and it's incredibly strong. Uair also lingers along with Ftilt while Dtilt is one of Triple D's quicker moves. Just try to play is safe since Fox will definitely die sooner than Triple D. I don't know what damage you need to do to reflect Gordos, but you can probably snipe them with Impact Blaster if you're playing customs with Triple D. Jab, Ftilt, Dtilt, etc., can all reflect Gordo, but seeing as how Fox covers his back with Utilt, doing reverse Utilts to reflect them might be better. Reflector works, but it's a commitment and Gordos are traditional projectiles. It's more like a trapping move or maybe a distraction. Oh, and Triple D can always reflect it back.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Make the fat guy approach you, Laser camp him across the stage, and Nair/Shine his gordos if he throws them at you. Dedede's approach game is pretty bad, and you can just bait out his bad approaches and punish.
- If he gets a grab, he'll go for a down throw. DI down and away from Dedede so at the most you'll get hit by a Fair. You'll get hit, but you can land right after and hit Dedede with your own punishes, which are lengthier and harder.
- Careful trying to hit him with Up airs midair, I've had experiences where a Dedede uses a Nair and it out-prioritizes my up airs and I end up dying. You can always bait the Nair/airdodge from Dedede and proceed with up air.

Top Bottom