• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Stuff to Practice and Tournament Advice

Korsario

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, I'm new to the boards and competitive smash in general. I played the 64 version casually when it first came out but never got o play the other ones so I'm pretty raw. I picked up Pikachu because he was my favorite in smash 64 but I need some advice. Specifically what I should be practicing, decent combos and tricks if possible. I have a friend that is also trying to get into the competitive scene and we are practicing together so I was wondering what stuff in specific should I try, mechanics wise. Also, any help or info on even basic techniques would be appreciated because I'm pretty sure I don't even know half of them.

Also I would greatly appreciate any tournament advice you have since I'm going to a tournament this Saturday and don't even know what to expect. Thanks.

Kai_64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kai9001
Pikachu's QA is a very very important part of his gameplay. I would recommend practicing it until you can QA pretty much where ever you want. His SH Aerials are also pretty important, practice auto canceling SH Fair, Nair, and Dair. Rising FH T-jolts are also important for spacing and applying pressure from a distance. Practice the fundamentals a lot!! A good idea would be to watch Esam play. He is an amazing Pikachu player and you can learn a lot from watching him.

Top Bottom