• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need sonic help...

satanstoenail

Smash Rookie
I think we can all agree this new sonic is NOT 3.0 sonic what so ever. i need combos and useful things that give sonic the advantage over the opponent.. PLEASE HELP!

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Stay rooted to the ground more. I his side-B still seems to work for combo set ups. Jab reset to down or up tilt, to an aerial of your choice seems to work to. Just do trial and error. I am no pro but I'm just kinda just figuring out what works for me.

satanstoenail

Smash Rookie
Stay rooted to the ground more. I his side-B still seems to work for combo set ups. Jab reset to down or up tilt, to an aerial of your choice seems to work to. Just do trial and error. I am no pro but I'm just kinda just figuring out what works for me.

Thats what i am also doing. i am so used to 3.0, things just dont string together like they used to. his pivot grabs still works and stuff. his down b is just useless to me now. idk what i could do with down b.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Thats what i am also doing. i am so used to 3.0, things just dont string together like they used to. his pivot grabs still works and stuff. his down b is just useless to me now. idk what i could do with down b.
Stop cancel after you hit and try to go for the first thing that comes into your head, since I think it bounces them up. You can also hit + jump + neutral air, and if your lucky maybe follow with a homing attack.

satanstoenail

Smash Rookie
Stop cancel after you hit and try to go for the first thing that comes into your head, since I think it bounces them up. You can also hit + jump + neutral air, and if your lucky maybe follow with a homing attack.
i will certainly try this. its weird because his down b feels like it has a type of delay where you cant stop cancel when you are making a turn. i do know that his down b only has a hit box when he isnt turning. thats so garbage in my opinion.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
i will certainly try this. its weird because his down b feels like it has a type of delay where you cant stop cancel when you are making a turn. i do know that his down b only has a hit box when he isnt turning. thats so garbage in my opinion.
Don't turn, hit and immediately break. The turning having no hotbox anymore asbfar as I can tell madeb down-B seemingly pointless after the first hit box.

satanstoenail

Smash Rookie
Don't turn, hit and immediately break. The turning having no hotbox anymore asbfar as I can tell madeb down-B seemingly pointless after the first hit box.

yeah i dont see a point continuing after hitting the opponent once with down b. sucks but i guess its what we have to deal with.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
yeah i dont see a point continuing after hitting the opponent once with down b. sucks but i guess its what we have to deal with.
I can think of some uses, I just need to test them.

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
With DownB, the Sonic 3 combo can return after a certain percentage for each character, later I am going to find out exactly at what percents it starts working.

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
In the thread about 3.5, Sir_Reginald found something like a downB on top of someone into a spin shot that combines into any aerial.

satanstoenail

Smash Rookie
up throw is super decent, down throw works for tech chases, and is it just me.... or did sonics back throw get stronger?

GabPR

Smash Lord
If you grab someone at the ledge and they di out a lot to avoid doqn throw and up throw combos... foward throw, especially at high percents

Top Bottom