• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some tips on ROB vs MK

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I feel like you were using your bair a little too early towards the beginning, and it put you into a few awkward positions as a result. Ummm... expect the glide attack more, tilt your shield up when getting whorenado'd, you got poked a few times. Needs moar F-tilt and f-smash. The range is beautiful on f-tilt, and the disjointedness on f-smash is great, plus the ability to angle them makes it easier to follow MK on the slanted ground. Oh and towards the end of the match, you approached with SH Fair. I could be wrong, but I dont think thats ever a good idea against MK, he can always Up-B OoS which can **** your approach, amongst other options. F-tilt is probably your best bet for pressure. That, and not approaching. Easier said than done on that stage, but whatever.
OK now everyone can rate my rating. Do I have any idea what Im talking about?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I personally felt that he got ***** more by the stage than the actual matchup. As for tips, I dunno. I felt it was mainly the stage that particular match.

He hit the terrain with N-airs a lot, staling his main KO move, and the small size of the stage is really a disadvantage to ROB in general who needs space to camp and recover.

Oh and then random obvious dumb mistakes like rolling towards MK as MK respawned on the first stock. *shrug*

TheMike

Smash Lord
Do u want tips for the match or tips in that stage against MK?

Well, vs MK u need to camper because he can pillar ur shield very easy and in the air u get *****, but Brinstar doesn't allow u to camp him, u need to pay attention in every MK's mistakes. U have quick tilts dude, i really missed Dtilts and Ftitls OoS. Dsmash is aso a great option OoS. For kills, i think Usmash under the side plattforms is a nice option(obviously when MK is above one of them), Nair and Bair also kill early because the stage allow u to do so. So, predict ur oponet's Air Dodges. Talking more about ADs, avoid some, MK can get early Up B kills. Also, avoid some silly rolls, like A2Z said.

Beating MK's Up in the ground the only option i see is Power Shield because it has some invencibility startup frames. When PSed, Jump OsS and i see Uair as a good option. If u miss what i've said and MK come for a glide, try Bair, it has the some priority.

NEVER, never go off-stage against MK =X

In neutral stages as i said, camp is the best option, but one time u'll need to approach so as to kill. I see Full Glide Toos to Nair/Fsmash as a good option, but just approach when u feel confortable so as not to be hardly punished.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
He hit the terrain with N-airs a lot, staling his main KO move, and the small size of the stage is really a disadvantage to ROB in general who needs space to camp and recover.
That shouldn't be a problem at all, as he can just unstale it by hit the terrain a few times with DTilt, UTilt, or Jab. That's probably a good bit of advice to keep in mind. That is, on stages with interactive stage elements, use them to unstale NAir/BAir/FSmash for killing when given a chance, if necessary.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That shouldn't be a problem at all, as he can just unstale it by hit the terrain a few times with DTilt, UTilt, or Jab. That's probably a good bit of advice to keep in mind. That is, on stages with interactive stage elements, use them to unstale NAir/BAir/FSmash for killing when given a chance, if necessary.
You need to use 10 different moves to completely unstale a move. That's honestly pretty difficult for ROB to do on a small stage like Brinstar.

On Luigi's Mansion, this would be a different story.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Exactly. Never think about counterpicking there. I don't know if that's what you were implying A2, but just as a general note.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ROB also has advantages on Luigis, as Luigis gives you a lot of space to camp, and makes it easier to set up the Gyro. Increased potential for D-tilt lock setups is something to also be aware of.

The destructible terrain isn't getting in the way as you recover. If need be, you can run away to get space and if also necessary, it's much easier to focus on refreshing moves on that stage if that's a problem.

The point I'm making is that Brinstar in specific is probably one of the worst stages ROB can go on against someone like Metaknight who can control such a small space better than he can, and the destructible terrain only gets in the way of your KOs most of the time.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Nair is really easy to DI and shouldn't kill you until like 150... If you think thats a good kill moves then whatever. upb will pretty much kill you form the middle of stage at that percent if you dont DI it (considering its retardly hard to DI it on reaction its probably going to happen).

TheMike

Smash Lord
Nair is really easy to DI and shouldn't kill you until like 150... If you think thats a good kill moves then whatever. upb will pretty much kill you form the middle of stage at that percent if you dont DI it (considering its retardly hard to DI it on reaction its probably going to happen).
Do u really want to say Up B? Wasn't it supposed to be Up Throw? Because well.. Up B doesn't kill.

And among ROB's KO Moves, Nair is one of the best. Besides, it's easier to get one than Usmash(that has some really good knockback, even more thn Fsmash).

Azuzu

Smash Cadet
I think you misunderstand how you get kills with nair. Most of the time your opponent is going to be in the air, greatly improving its killing potential. It's true that it's not snakes uptilt, or mk dsmash, but it's what we have and while isn't great at killing, it could be a lot worse.

Teh Future

Smash Master
roffffffffflz I thought we were talking about MKs nair woops ;)

Ya I guess ROBs kills when you take into consideration he has 0 kills moves

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
roffffffffflz I thought we were talking about MKs nair woops ;)

Ya I guess ROBs kills when you take into consideration he has 0 kills moves
It could be worse. Compared to Sonic and Sheik(If he doesn't use Transform) R.O.B. is one killing machine.

Top Bottom