• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need some marth help.

gideonisbaas

Smash Rookie
Hi if been playing melee a lot. But recently I started to go to tournaments.
i only went to 2 so far I saw a little bit of improvement. and now i'm practising a lot.
but here are my problems and questions.

i can L cancel and wave dach really really well if i'm practising. but when i game starts even agens a lvl 9 pc i get really crap at all of it the short hops and everything. I also wonderd if i would use the C stick for air attacks of course i use it when i'm on the ground but i'm debating which is better to use in the air normal A+stick or C stick.

Also if you have any other tips let me know

I also hope that there is someone who can assist me using focechat here is my skype: craftdutch
thanks a lot :)

SAUS

Smash Ace
C Stick is easier to use for air attacks because you leave your joy stick free for moving around in the air. It's also essentially less buttons for the same thing.

There could be 2 different things that would cause your problem:
1) You get anxious when fighting an opponent so you fumble all your tech.
2) You don't actually have the tech down well enough. They feel unnatural so you don't do them while you are fighting.

If it's 1), you just need to practice playing against people more. If it's 2), you just need to practice the techniques more until they feel natural.

I don't have a mic so no skype, sorry. Good luck in your practice!

gideonisbaas

Smash Rookie
C Stick is easier to use for air attacks because you leave your joy stick free for moving around in the air. It's also essentially less buttons for the same thing.

There could be 2 different things that would cause your problem:
1) You get anxious when fighting an opponent so you fumble all your tech.
2) You don't actually have the tech down well enough. They feel unnatural so you don't do them while you are fighting.

If it's 1), you just need to practice playing against people more. If it's 2), you just need to practice the techniques more until they feel natural.

I don't have a mic so no skype, sorry. Good luck in your practice!
thanks for the tips i will try and work hard on it

Top Bottom