• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some input on ZSS

Neenja13

Smash Cadet
So i want to really try to work on my zss, but i have some mixed feelings about it. like how well can zss do in tournaments against other people around your level using other characters. so please say what you think.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I think what he means is how viable is ZSS for tourney play...

if that's what you mean, then she's definitely viable for top level play. You'll have to play some catch-up in a couple match-ups, but overall your only top/high tier doozy is gonna be Falco.

Snakeee does **** well on the east coast with some pretty stiff competition. I do alright (mostly top 15s, couple top 10s in 100+ tourneys) in a pretty **** hard region (SoCal).

So there are ZSS's placing even in the regions with extremely tough competition. So, as a character, ZSS can definitely place.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I think that ZSS mains have a HUGE advantage--
I went to my first tourney not too long ago- and in the first pools I faced Zaf-- one of the more recognized players in my region-
I lost, because I was so **** nervous (I was playing ZAF for crying out loud! and he was a few years older than me), but before the match this conversation went on with Zaf and his little brother (I assume) Zeph (another guy considered good in my region)-

Zaf: (slightly panicked) ZSS?? What stage should I counterpick?
Zeph: (more panicked) I don't know! I don't know ZSS!

btw, he was metaknight, and I still almost beat him. Most people have no idea what to expect with ZSS.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
ZSS is a pretty good character and has the ability to do well in tournaments if the player is skilled enough.

She's probably going to rise a bit on the tier list too.

FoxyApollo

Smash Rookie
Zaf: (slightly panicked) ZSS?? What stage should I counterpick?
Zeph: (more panicked) I don't know! I don't know ZSS!

btw, he was metaknight, and I still almost beat him. Most people have no idea what to expect with ZSS.
Ditto, that's half the reason I chose to keep her as my main. Second half? Well she owns.

Top Bottom