• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some info (unlocking things)

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
hello, well i am getting brawl very soon and i was wondering if you guys could help me. I would like to get the characters and stages, do some multiplayer then go back and do the subspace. Is there any known quick way of unlocking characters/stages without going through subspace or will i have to go through subspace?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can unlock all characters faster than going through SSE. However, it will be extremely boring.

Set the match to Stock (1), two players. Then suicide with one of them. Do it on whatever stage lets you suicide the fastest. Eventually, you'll get Sonic, then start using his stage since suiciding on it is very fast. Do this for 450 matches (I think) and you'll have unlocked everyone (the last one being Wolf).

The next thing to get is all stages. Do every single Event in Event Mode up to 28 (do 28 as well) and you will unlock all stages.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Set the match to Stock (1), two players. Then suicide with one of them. Do it on whatever stage lets you suicide the fastest. Eventually, you'll get Sonic, then start using his stage since suiciding on it is very fast. Do this for 450 matches (I think) and you'll have unlocked everyone (the last one being Wolf).
Can't you do 1 HP stamina flower matches?

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
Can't you do 1 HP stamina flower matches?
Seriously, doing that is just plain easy.
I unlocked Falco, Captain Falcon and Snake in one short sitting this way.

Don't forgot to make that a FAST 1hp Stamina Flower Brawl.
Also make sure to use the same characters every time to reduce loading speed, and to put stages on random to speed things up more.

It's best done with one human player, since the results screen will only need one person pressing start.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
1 HP Stamina move is faster, yes, silly me.

Solution to pressing start: Put Pause to Off, then get a turbo controller.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Copied from some website...

Fastest way to unlock everything

The goal of this topic is to inform people how to unlock as much as possible in as little time as possible. I had another topic on this, but I used the rather unreliable cheats and secrets section to compile it. This time, I used brawl central's info. For those curious, yes, this is DEFINITELY the fastest way to get the full cast and stage list. I can't say it's the most fun, but efficiency is our goal here. However, if things can be gotten without costing any time, provisions will be made to get them.

Start off by going into vs mode and setting it to Stamina Flower. Give the AI 1 HP and yourself more than 1 HP. Pick Donkey Kong and play on Shadow Moses Island for 15 matches. After five matches, you'll unlock Ness, after ten you'll unlock Marth, and after fifteen you'll unlock Snake and the Snake Eater Instrumental track. Switch the stage to Yoshi's Island (melee) and play 5 more matches. After three more, you'll unlock the Super Mario World demo, and after five more you'll unlock 75m (DK arcade). 20 matches total.

Now switch your character to Kirby and play 5 more matches on Yoshi's Island (melee). After two more, you'll unlock Luigi, and after five more you'll unlock Jungle Japes. Sticking with Kirby, play the next ten matches on Pokemon Stadium 2 to unlock Pokemon Stadium. Now switch to the Halberd and play five more matches to unlock Green Greens. 40 matches total.

Switch to Luigi and play five more matches still on the Halberd. You'll unlock Luigi's Mansion (3 matches) and the Goruda music (5 matches). Next, switch your character to Peach and the stage to Mushroomy Kingdom for 10 more matches. After 3 matches, you unlock the Super Mario Bros 2 demo, after 5 matches, you unlock Falco, and after 10 matches, you unlock the underwater Mario music. 55 matches total.

Play the next 10 matches on those default stage builder stages (character no longer matters) to unlock stage parts A. Play the next five on Frigate Orpheon, and then you'll unlock Captain Falcon. Play five more on Frigate Orpheon, using Captain Falcon this time, to unlock the Metroid Ending music. Switch to Port Town, and after five matches you'll unlock Big Blue and the Peach's Castle (melee) music. Your character doesn't matter anymore, but play five more matches on Port Town to unlock the music track "Dream Chaser". 85 matches total.

Switch to Castle Siege and play 15 matches to unlock the track "Powerhungry Fool" after 10 matches and Lucario after 15 matches. 100 matches total.

Unfortunately, things slow down a bit here. Character and stage don't matter, just play a bunch more matches. After 60 more, you'll unlock R.O.B., and after 100 more you'll unlock Ganondorf. After unlocking Ganondorf, play 50 more to unlock Mr. Game and Watch and Flat Zone 2 and 100 more to unlock Sonic and Green Hill Zone. 300 matches total.

Play the next 10 matches on Green Hill Zone to unlock some Sonic music, and then continue playing matches on any stage until you unlock Jigglypuff (350 matches total) and Toon Link and the Great Sea stage (400 matches total). Play the next 10 as Toon Link to unlock the Ocarina of Time demo and then 40 more with anyone to unlock Wolf, All Star mode, and the Menu 2 music. 450 matches total, and you now have all characters.

Now let's get the remaining stages. Head over to the events and beat event 8 to unlock the Route 1 Pokemon music and keep playing event matches until you unlock the next set. In that set, beat Event 19 to unlock the Mario Bros. stage, event 13 for the Legendary Air Ride music, event 15 for King Dedede's Theme, and event 18 on the difficult setting for the Dark World Death Mountain / Dark Woods music. Play a few more events to unlock the third set. Beat events 25 and 28 to unlock Spear Pillar and the Electroplankton stages respectively. Congrats, you have all stages (as well as the random stage option)!

Based on current unlockable knowledge, this is the quickest you'll get all characters and stages, and you notice you get a lot of other random stuff along with it. I could keep going, but the whole purpose of this was for people who just care about characters and stages so they can just play a lot of multiplayer.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Although that requires advanced rules, which I doubt people will have unlocked.
Ah, forgot about that. Well, tap away, then. You can even do it while watching TV. Set A to turbo, then press Start every time you think the match is over.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Ah, forgot about that. Well, tap away, then. You can even do it while watching TV. Just tap start once your controller starts vibrating, then spam A 'til the new match is sure to have started.
Until you die from approaching new characters. =(

Probably the best and least stressful way to do it is just bite the bullet and play 450 matches...it doesn't take that long.

All you need to do is lure some friends into the room and then lock the door and "loose" the key...no boredom there.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Until you die from approaching new characters. =(
Even if you do, you can always re-fight them after. As far as I'm aware, you could fight the number of matches needed to unlock the last character, and then go through and fight everyone.

(IE, say it takes 500 matches to fight toon link, the last to unlock, after fighting that many matches, you could then go and fight all the unlockables from Ness onwards.)

Incidently, does using more 'human' players make the matches count as more? (IE a match with 2 humans counts as 2 matches?)

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so. I know in the brawl records it has a few different match counters but I believe the one that it uses when counting towards unlockables counts each match, and not the amount of characters. If it does, it would only take slightly over 115 matches, which honestly is probably a little too easy considering the quite high chance of 4 people playing together nonstop upon brawl release.

Edit: Also, is that the way that unlocking characters work? I've never honestly lost to one enough times to build up enough matches to justify unlocking another. If I remember correctly, if you lose, you fight them again the next match, so it might start taking really long if after the 5th(?) match when you fight your first opponent, you have to fight someone every match thereafter. Although I suppose if you have a non wireless controller that vibrates you'll eventually realize that something wrong is happening and you can just win the built up matches.

davidw89

Smash Cadet
IS THERE A HACK TO UNLOCK EVERY SINGLE MAP AND EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER? A sd card hack or something..i want to play some of the characters but i wont have time to play 24/7 in order to unlock them.
Please help guys!

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
Ah, forgot about that. Well, tap away, then. You can even do it while watching TV. Set A to turbo, then press Start every time you think the match is over.
Better yet, you can use PictureInPicture to control the game WHILE you watch television.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
it only takes a few hours to beat SSE. and that way you dont even have to fight them to unlock them.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yes for Lucario, Wolf, Toon Link (MUCH harder than matches) and Jigglypuff.
You don't have to fight Lucario. You can be Lucario and fight MetaKnight instead (which I advise, since Lucario has kill moves).

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
Thanks all for responses. its a great help, i think il use what Kasai posted, thanks again

Top Bottom