• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some Help

MarioMCP

Smash Rookie
I have some questions about kirby, that i need help with.

1. Is kirby's Nair any good? i don't use it much, but i want to know if its any good

2. I have problems approaching Marth, whats the best way to get to approach him.

3. What are people worth sucking up and gaining powers? are any worth it?

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
The Kirby Help Desk FAQ & Links & Introductions, ASK HERE!

^Next time, please ask in there.

I have some questions about kirby, that i need help with.

1. Is kirby's Nair any good? i don't use it much, but i want to know if its any good

2. I have problems approaching Marth, whats the best way to get to approach him.

3. What are people worth sucking up and gaining powers? are any worth it?

1. N-air is mainly used to set up Jab Lock, and combos into it at low percents (33%). It could be used for a ledge-hop aerial.

2. DO NOT APPROACH. You probably have problems approaching Marth due to his range. Approaching is like asking to lose against Marth.

3. How many copy-power threads are there? I guess I will list...The Inhale-Tips and Tricks

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
The Nair is a good retreating tactic also, if u wanna run away but protect urself, its like using Bair running away but it protects above u as well as in front. Also Nair auotcancels so u can use it to combo at low percents

MarioMCP

Smash Rookie
Really? Thats cool, I'll try using it in a few hours when i brawl with my brother :p

on a side note, maybe I'll make a video of me and my brother, we are pretty good, we use advance techniques and everything, so MAYBE someone will be interested :p

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Nair is a great air dodge punisher and defensive aerial when your opponent is being aggressive against you in the air.

You should probably avoid approaching marth. But if you have to, sliding shield grabs are probably your best bet. Also you could roll>utilt too. Still the best thing to do is to make it look like your approaching but stay just out of his range and punish every attack he misses.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
If you're really good at rolling and dodging then you might be able to approach marth, and if you get close enough to him be sure to take advantage of kirby's dthrow.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
The Nair is a good retreating tactic also, if u wanna run away but protect urself, its like using Bair running away but it protects above u as well as in front. Also Nair auotcancels so u can use it to combo at low percents
I use b-air myself to cover my retreat, though. The auto-canceling of n-air is a great property, though.

If you're really good at rolling and dodging then you might be able to approach marth, and if you get close enough to him be sure to take advantage of kirby's dthrow.
D-throw lost against Marth in SSBM, and the same goes for SSBB. Best bet is u-throw. Rolling is problematic because there is lag and no invincibility at the end, so there is an opening for punishing Kirby. Maybe use roll occassionally, but it is not a great approach. You could dash to roll to u-tilt, if you really want to.

Nair is a great air dodge punisher and defensive aerial when your opponent is being aggressive against you in the air.

You should probably avoid approaching marth. But if you have to, sliding shield grabs are probably your best bet. Also you could roll>utilt too. Still the best thing to do is to make it look like your approaching but stay just out of his range and punish every attack he misses.
^Part of what I forgot to say. :)

Top Bottom