• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Some Help Guys And Gals!

Sakurai_Hates_Elites

Smash Rookie
I'm having lots of issues throwing. Is there some way I could combo into a throw? I remember in Meele I could use nair (which used to be amazing) and then throw but I can't seem to pull it off frequently in Brawl. Any ideas? Also, I'm having trouble approaching in general, and especially approaching for a throw. I tried dash dancing and crouch canceling to some success, but I need some new ways of approaching. Thanks everyone.

Sakurai_Hates_Elites

Smash Rookie
I also want to incorporate more nair into my game even though it has been gimped. I'd check out CunningKitsune's faq, but I'm sure a lot of things don't apply anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
Throw combos are out in the sense that if your opponent doesn't suck, you won't hit it. Aside from that glaring problem foxes dthrow into fair is your best bet all be it highly avoidable.

Approaching for grabs, you just have to mix it up. Attack alot and when they start expecting attacks, they shield, you grab. Theres also the reverse grab but ive only hit it once compared to the thousands of normal grabs I get.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I think fthrow can be used at low-mid percents for techchasing. I've done it a few times before, but I typically just dthrow and hope I get a fair out of it. I should probably experiment with that a bit more, because I know after a certain percent they won't hit the ground before coming out of stun. It's probably DI dependent, but all that means is if you mix it in with dthrows, you're more likely to make them BOTH work, by getting them to DI the wrong way. Hm... I think this deserves some heavy testing.

I also want to incorporate more nair into my game even though it has been gimped. I'd check out CunningKitsune's faq, but I'm sure a lot of things don't apply anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Er... well, it's still a good approach. Decent range. Knocks the opponent away but not too far, so you can follow up on it or choose to retreat. Fairly good stun, considering if you fast fall it you can combo into a usmash at higher percentages. It's also good for hitting someone in front of you in the air that you would normally miss with the fair due to them not being high enough. It's a combo opener and a way to continue comboing. Just be sure to mix things up and you'll find it's still a very good move.

Sakurai_Hates_Elites

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the replies guys! Me and dthrow->fair have been friends for weeks, but thanks anyway lol. And I have been using nair a little more, but I'm not consistent removing the lag from it 100% of the time. I SHFF it, but sometimes there's some lag. Oh and I didn't mean to ask about follow ups to throws, I meant set ups that lead to throws. I've tried drill->jab->throw but sometimes I go into a flurry of kicks rather than throw >.< If any of you guys have some nifty way to set up to a throw let me know. I'll post if I discover something myself. Thanks again.

Top Bottom