• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice for my fox...

WFL

Smash Journeyman
One friendly after Vex's weekly. I played Karter in the weekly and did decent first match, but got 3 stocked second match. I know this is a match against a yoshi, I'll have some more matches up in the next week or so. Give me some advice. I'm using a keyboard in this match, getting a controller this week. So yeah...

WFL (Fox) vs. Karter (Yoshi) 1

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Too much running attacks , not enough short hops nor Z canceling.

Once you get the controller it should be easier.

Watch some other fox vids

_kSo_

Smash Master
controller >>>> KB

:p

playing on keyboard is mad hard if you're used to controller. however ppl like nintendude would highly disagree with the above^^ statement

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Too much running attacks , not enough short hops nor Z canceling.

Once you get the controller it should be easier.
Yeah once I get shoulder buttons I'll Z-Cancel everything.

I can't seem to hit the up button quick enough to short hop. Is there any button I can program short-hopping to (might not be allowed) or make it easier to short-hop please tell me.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
To short hop, you can't use the button mapped to up arrow, you have to use the C-buttons. If you can get your Zcancels down, you can probably pull off a decent Fox. Or pick up Falcon :lick:

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Ok I got my controller from Gamestop and I laid the button configuration about the same as a gamecube controller except for switching the r and z buttons. I'm going to try to get some matches up from Vex's weekly on Saturday.

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Your using a gamecube controller? thats what I did for the R and Z buttons too. Since I was used to canceling with R in melee :3

WFL

Smash Journeyman
No I bought a logitech controller and laid out the buttons the same as a gamecube controller. But no one likes mupen so i have to wait for next saturday to even get some real matches in.

_kSo_

Smash Master
No I bought a logitech controller and laid out the buttons the same as a gamecube controller. But no one likes mupen so i have to wait for next saturday to even get some real matches in.
i had a logitech controller until i bought an adaptor. Its sweet

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I'm too lazy to figure out how to convert the mkr/st files to playable video.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't mind the keyboard, i've even learned how to shffl uairs out of it lol obviously not out of nothing but i can

Thino

Smash Master
haha keyboard players and their buffered attacks . they will never feel the satisfaction of utilting the **** out of a fox while edgeguarding as falcon and this is just an example

Top Bottom