• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need jigly help

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yeah don't use so many ground moves with Jiggly.

Try to hover out of range and attack right as your opponent is recovering. There's a lot of openings that you missed.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Use Jiggly's multiple jumps to your advantage. Multi-jumps = mindgames + combos.

DI chasing with the drill is important too (something I should work on...).

Remember that Jigglypuff is either nair spam or combo, combo, combo. Nair is for campy mode and combo is for aggressive mode.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

_kSo_

Smash Master
sh aerials. always. jiggly can do an aerial and float away from the opponent to avoid attacks or dd grabs. plus, dair-grab is very useful

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I had something to say, but then i saw jigglymaster's vid... You definitely want to use throw more to start combos and be aware of the situation. If he's at a high percentage, you don't want to dair, utilt and sleep b/c the utilt will take them too high, just use the dair and usmash. Alternately, if their percentage is lower, then you do the dair, utilt, sleep sequence. Sleep can be an awesome move, but its extremely high risk and reward.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Simply watch my tutorial on how to play as Jigglypuff, but just watch the first part cause you don't need to worry about the Mugen and SSBM part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7KrI3_e2fY

Also here is some matches of me playing as Jigglypuff in a real fight.

Jigglymaster(Jigglypuff) vs. MasterHand(Kirby)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqYC8Eo2cMo

Jigglymaster(Jigglypuff) vs. Winston(C.Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-UgTL8Rm90&mode=user&search=
Oh god. Learn how to spell. Video's not bad though, a little short and doesn't have anything about approaching.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Oh god. Learn how to spell. Video's not bad though, a little short and doesn't have anything about approaching.
Okay, 1. STFU and don't care about my spelling, thats why I'm in a special English class and I can't right in cursive. Infact, nobody should care about my god ****ed spelling! At least I know how to play Jiggs better than you do. 2. I posted those videos so he could see how I play which shows how I would approach.

_kSo_

Smash Master
i'll watch the videos later. i'm a little curious to say the least. and ubra who cares about spelling? there was no need to point it out unless the writing was absolutely incomprehensable, spelling does not present an issue. this is neither a business email or a term paper.

(not yelling just pointing out)

on the otherside, jigglymaster - you didn't have to flip out. i understand he may have insulted you, however that does not give you any excuse to react the way you did. you could have calmly indicated that you were in a special english class or whatever. were on these forums to help each other out, not to yell and scream at each other. so if someone slightly steps over the line, there is no need to start a civil war

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I don't even see any spelling mistakes.
I think he was talking about my video.

Also I usally flip out cause he's like the 50th person and my 2 smart friends always correct me and it gets annoying.

Back on topic Yoshi Fan give us some feedback if this has helped you or not.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I've had this question for a while... Can Jigglypuff chain fairs? I've done it against several Luigis and I think I saw it in one of Cassidy's vids (on Cassidy when he was playing Luigi), but I don't know if it really combos.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Yeah, i know. I can barely deal with serious gamers (who goes after me and combo me to the pwning death) but i cant deal with these types of player...

A matter of experience I think :S or the 0-death combos

(I should have sayed "shi-t", but i'm not a english native... so i use a lot of **** meaning "JODER" in my language :p)

_kSo_

Smash Master
haha serious gamers are hilarious. like me :)

anyway, glad we were help, dunno how much my input was valued, but hopefully jigglymaster's vids helped alot.

greenblob

Smash Lord
OK, so I found the video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GdCsfVKO4ys @ 1:50 Whook only gets two, but you get the idea. I've gotten 3 or 4 before, all of which were on Luigis, but I don't know if it'd work on someone who has faster fingers.
Oh, and I'm not saying that Cassidy has slow fingers. Whook only got two fairs, after all...

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Okay, 1. STFU and don't care about my spelling, thats why I'm in a special English class and I can't right in cursive. Infact, nobody should care about my god ****ed spelling! At least I know how to play Jiggs better than you do. 2. I posted those videos so he could see how I play which shows how I would approach.
Usually I don't point minor mistakes out, but you misspelled a few words that usually are not misspelled, so I was just surprised. Don't get that offended. I didn't know you had trouble spelling, I just thought you were careless.

I don't even see any spelling mistakes.
In the video.

me nether.
I wonder why?

i'll watch the videos later. i'm a little curious to say the least. and ubra who cares about spelling? there was no need to point it out unless the writing was absolutely incomprehensable, spelling does not present an issue. this is neither a business email or a term paper.

(not yelling just pointing out)

on the otherside, jigglymaster - you didn't have to flip out. i understand he may have insulted you, however that does not give you any excuse to react the way you did. you could have calmly indicated that you were in a special english class or whatever. were on these forums to help each other out, not to yell and scream at each other. so if someone slightly steps over the line, there is no need to start a civil war
LOL you spelled my name wrong. Anyway, thanks for settling this.

Back on topic. I suggest practicing the combos until you know them very well, so you can pull them off at any time, and at any damage percentage. Since it's fairly hard to approach someone with Jiggly because she moves so slowly, you need to take every chance you get and get as much damage in as possible.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Oh oops. sorry lol. looks like I'm the one making spelling mistakes now (with words that are right in front of me :dizzy:)

yea jiggly is hard to approach with, but she is also hard to approach. She has many moves to keep the opponent at bay, and when coming toward you in the air, doing B will most likely catch you off guard because of the range and its priority

Top Bottom