• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need improvement?

Pimpsta_Nsane

Smash Rookie
I've been to some big Tourneys here and there, play on MLG and do tons of friendlies agianst some really experienced players, but for some reason, I feel my gameplay is missing something. A gap that could be filled with something so awesome, it would improve my overall playing ability a hundred fold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZXCHe0jsNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivkOsKMJ3qs

ANY sort of advice/suggestions would be HIGHLY appreciated

Thanks for reading,

Pimpsta Nsane

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Things to discover:
Aerials
Short Hopping
Spacing
Move degradation
Approach
Mind Games
Pikmin order
Pikmin differences
Never record longer than 3 stock matches

I'd say you have quite a few gaps you could fill in, I'd start with those. Read on the boards, practice things your not good at, play new opponents (your opponents are about as bad off as you, and the best way to learn is to play opponents better than you.) If your serious about improving, wipe clean what you think you know right now. Start by making use of all the information already available, don't ask for your own private coaching until you are using everything mentioned already in posts very well in games.

/close thread

-True

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
wasnt the whole reason you posted for advice....?

Things to discover:
Aerials
Short Hopping
Spacing
Move degradation
Approach
Mind Games
Pikmin order
Pikmin differences
Never record longer than 3 stock matches

I'd say you have quite a few gaps you could fill in, I'd start with those. If your serious about improving, wipe clean what you think you know right now. Start by making use of all the information already available

-True
everything TrueRedemption said goes with what you should improve on... if your going to get butt hurt because he gave you some criticism (the whole reason you posted) then you should reconsider your ego and move on, or leave

also your opponents skill was pretty bad, that marth was 100% predictable with his attacks and most of the time the fox just stood there and took your punishment

Pimpsta_Nsane

Smash Rookie
if your going to get butt hurt because he gave you some criticism (the whole reason you posted) then you should reconsider your ego and move on, or leave
Hmm, I'm sorry if my post made me appear "butt hurt", but I ment what I said. I shouldn't of posted without looking around smashboards first. I'm a poor Olimar player, I admit that, and all of my family/freinds aren't that experienced, I admit that, but I'm going to keep trying to get better, and I'm going to take full advantage of what people on SWF have been kind enough to share.

Thanks for reading,

Pimpsta Nsane

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you want advice, it's just as good to put up matches where you don't do as well - it's difficult to pick out your tendencies in games where you dominate

you're already asking for help, there is no reason to be embarrassed for what you perceive as 'poor play'; you aren't here to show off

Pimpsta_Nsane

Smash Rookie
if you want advice, it's just as good to put up matches where you don't do as well - it's difficult to pick out your tendencies in games where you dominate
Yeah, to be honest, all I came here to post for was just that. Advice. And my matches weren't complete domination either, infact, I probably would of lost to LEONA if he didn't kill himself at the end.

Oh, and I'm not embarrassed about my "poor play" at all, I'm just not afraid to admit it. After all... it's just a video game.

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man, they were trash vids anyway :( . I'll put some videos on Youtube again after a little more practice :)
hey hey now.. the quality was great and the music you added made it enjoyable to watch untill then end

and what you have to improve on isnt really that difficult
Aerials
Short Hopping
Spacing
Move degradation
Approach
Mind Games
Pikmin order
Pikmin differences
-aerials and sort hop go hand in hand (such as SH f-air or d-grab SH u-air second jump f-air[pending DI])
-move degradation, basically dont spam one move and take advantage of all the great olimar attacks
-pikmin order and differences (for smashes and aerials) go hand in hand with spacing imo (knowing when and how to use/spam forward-b) and pretty much everything
-approach takes time, pending skill level and opponent types... this also semi-goes with mind games

Top Bottom