• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ok, so since now I have the game for myself and can test stuff in training (before I had limited time as I was at my friend's house with about 6-10 other people in line every time I played a match). I've noticed a few things.

Greninja can sometimes stay running even after performing Side-B (Even with the slow side-B). As in, if you're running you press side-B and keep running as if you hadn't pressed side-B at all while the shadow also charges forward. Does anyone know how to do this yet? It's happened to me quite a lot of times but I still can't tell how I am doing it when it happens.

Also, this might have just been my game bugging or something but at one time I was hit with a Smash from Bowser at 140% (training mode) and I Up-Bed right as he hit me and completely cancelled 100% of my momentum. As in it was just as if Bowser hadn't hit me. I've tried replicating this at least 20 times and it isn't happening anymore, I think it might have been a bug but it would be good to check on that.

Also, I know this isn't exactly Greninja related but how the hell do you unlock R.O.B.? (I know the 80 matches, but I don't want to do it that way, I like to do it the "classic" way in all Smashes, it's just a thing I like).

Last edited:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
i have no clue about the running thing, i'll try some stuff out with it today

i think that might be the only way to get ROB

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
i have no clue about the running thing, i'll try some stuff out with it today

i think that might be the only way to get ROB
The running thing is something we all must learn. It makes Side-B so much more useful. And it's not like I am doing some kind of special input, it's just that sometimes Greninja just continues to run normally. My shadow can reach from one end of BF to the other in about a second in this way (since I am also running forward).

Edit: Unlocking R.O.B. is apparently just getting 200 trophies, just did it.

Last edited:

Spirst

Ok, so since now I have the game for myself and can test stuff in training (before I had limited time as I was at my friend's house with about 6-10 other people in line every time I played a match). I've noticed a few things.

Greninja can sometimes stay running even after performing Side-B (Even with the slow side-B). As in, if you're running you press side-B and keep running as if you hadn't pressed side-B at all while the shadow also charges forward. Does anyone know how to do this yet? It's happened to me quite a lot of times but I still can't tell how I am doing it when it happens.
I've been trying to replicate this but to no avail. You were just doing a regular ol' dash then shadow sneaked?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I've been trying to replicate this but to no avail. You were just doing a regular ol' dash then shadow sneaked?
Yep, I don't know if maybe there's a specific timing or something but my input was just dash->shadow sneak, nothing else. I did it at least 4 times so it is replicable. Right now I am practicing Shulk just in case I can make it to tomorrow's tournament (I feel Shulk is really good for FFAs), but after the tournament tomorrow I will spend some time figuring out how to do this.

Also I am 15-0 on For Glory, 30-4 on stocks. I have gotten sooooooo many good Up-B gimps. I even gimped a Pikachu with 3 Up-B's in a row after he had already Up-Bed. Poor guy couldn't do anything but "fall onto the stage" and I kept pushing him back until he was too far away to make it.

Erionn

Smash Cadet
You have to input Side-B during what seems to be a very small frame window near the beginning of the dash. I played around with it in Training mode with the 1/4th hold L speed setting, to go frame by frame. It buffers inputs so you can hold the input and then hold L and it will start on the next frame. I used the dust trail behind Greninja as a visual aid, and it's roughly around here when you want to input Side-B .

I've tried doing it outside of slow motion with this in mind, but it seems very hard and inconsistent.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm starting to get how to do this consistently, it boils down to inputting b just before greninja's legs start to move in his dash.

Top Bottom