• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Do what I did. Do you homework on all three consoles and find the best one for you. Since I made my purchase I'll show my pros and cons list for the 3 and you can use it as you feel:

Wii
Pro - Inexpensive; Popular, fun franchises; Old-School games for fairly cheap and easy; Brawl
Con - Controller adds a huge learning curve and near impossible for me; No DVD playback; No HD support; poor online; no games worth buying now

XBox 360
Pro - Great library of already established hits; XBox Live; Future Line up quite impressive; HD Support; Cheaper than PS3
Con - Live can get costly; Older technology already; New Model will be out in a year; Uses the inferior HD DVD

Playstation 3
Pro - Free Online Service; Easily charging controllers; Great Franchise hits (if you are a fan of them); Best Technology to date; HD Support; Blu-Ray player
Con - Expensive; No titles out now worth getting otuside of Resistance; PSN is quite poor compared to Live (improving, though); Expensive

So you are left with two major things; do you want to play a ton of games now or later. Wii has nothing really worth getting now, outside of TP. Wii's online set-up is poor with Friend Codes. I can't use the controller with my RMS, so that's out for me. 360 or PS3 was my only two options and I wanted to play stuff like God of War 3 and Shadows sequel/prequel. Also, with Blu-Ray getting the major support by studios, it will out last the HD-DVD. So, really you have to figure out what YOU want. Remember, people here won't be playing it. I am enjoying my PS3 quite a bit right now, despite the negativity it gets. Most of that is just bandwagon stuff. So, go with what you think you will enjoy.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Do what I did. Do you homework on all three consoles and find the best one for you. Since I made my purchase I'll show my pros and cons list for the 3 and you can use it as you feel:

Wii
Pro - Inexpensive; Popular, fun franchises; Old-School games for fairly cheap and easy; Brawl
Con - Controller adds a huge learning curve and near impossible for me; No DVD playback; No HD support; poor online; no games worth buying now (TP? Paper Mario out in 7 days, Wario ware if you love that sorta thing)

XBox 360
Pro - Great library of already established hits; XBox Live; Future Line up quite impressive; HD Support; Cheaper than PS3
Con - Live can get costly; Older technology already; New Model will be out in a year; Uses the inferior HD DVD

Playstation 3
Pro - Free Online Service; Easily charging controllers; Great Franchise hits (if you are a fan of them); Best Technology to date; HD Support; Blu-Ray player
Con - Expensive; No titles out now worth getting otuside of Resistance; PSN is quite poor compared to Live (improving, though); Expensive

So you are left with two major things; do you want to play a ton of games now or later. Wii has nothing really worth getting now, outside of TP. Wii's online set-up is poor with Friend Codes. I can't use the controller with my RMS, so that's out for me. 360 or PS3 was my only two options and I wanted to play stuff like God of War 3 and Shadows sequel/prequel. Also, with Blu-Ray getting the major support by studios, it will out last the HD-DVD. So, really you have to figure out what YOU want. Remember, people here won't be playing it. I am enjoying my PS3 quite a bit right now, despite the negativity it gets. Most of that is just bandwagon stuff. So, go with what you think you will enjoy.

I'm not trying to stick up for just nintendo, I love all 3 companies (well, Sony's starting to lose me), but, the wii is not that hard to get accustomed to. Zelda was my first game to play and right out of the box I got what to do and it flowed so easily. Now, there may be a few games with broken controls, but that is the same with any console. Now, if it is you that is having problems with it, that's your thing, but there is not really any learning curve. Also, wii has VC, with new classics (oxymoronic?) coming out every monday. If there are some games you missed in the past, you can wait till they come on the VC or download it now if it is already out. Also, the wii's many channels (especially mii) can be fun, though some are a little gimickey, they are free.

In the end, I would say get wii, cheap, most innovative, fun, simple but effective, and it will have brawl. If you want a more traditional gaming experience, get 360...but I would hold off on that for a while, that's just me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Depends what kind of games you like. I'll just use Crimson King's set-up.

Xbox360

ShootersThe MUST-HAVE system for shooting games like Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Duty 3, and Ghost Recon 2 to name a few.

RPGsMost of the RPGs currently on the 360 suck, but Oblivion(the only good one) makes up for it since it may be the longest RPG ever made. Phantasy Star Universe is pretty good online(if you have friends that play it), but I stopped playing it because of the steep monthly fee(10$)

RacingThe Racing games are pretty good, PGR3 is a fun game, Need for Speed is ok, and Forza Motorsport 2 will be out soon.

If you don't like these kind of games though, steer clear.

Nintendo Wii
I can't really put these into categories, the Wii has a little bit of everything, but the thing that sucks about it is the weak online support. Nice library of old school games, and more are being added weekly(or is it monthly? I don't know). Really, the only worthy games out right now are Twilight Princess,Wario Ware(but that gets old in about a week), and Madden NFL 07(if you like sports and sports games that is).

Some upcoming games that look promising are Super Paper Mario, Brawl, and get this, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games( http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/mariosonicattheolympicgames/index.html?tag=topten;coming_soon;title;4 )

It's a toss-up, both are good, so it pretty much boils down to whether or not you're looking for solid online support.

Top Bottom