• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help, Yoshi Egg Roll Glitch Re-Discovered

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
So in my quest for finding every little thing i can about Yoshi preparing for APEX, I stumbled upon A glitch I was told and thought to have confirmed to Be removed. This glitch, is the Egg roll super jump. Basically falling off a platform while in egg roll and jumping right as you were to hit the ground would cause you to jump super high. While i cant seem to be able to do it on regular stages, while dinking around on Delfino I found i was able to do it on any ground that has water on it (not just deep water you can drown in but one that doesnt effect anything you do besides being a cool visual base platform).

Here is my post to Reddit with the Video Link.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2qikd9/yoshi_super_egg_bounce_supposedly_removed/

If anyone can Help me figure out exactly is going on, we might be able to figure out if this is aplicable on other platforms, and or other situations.

My theory on what is happening is that The water is acting as a hit box allowing the jump to take place earlier than intended too. To me, if this theory is correct, would allow you to egg roll drop on someones shield and super egg jump away.

Last edited:

pugwishbone17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pugwishbone
You can do it off Battlefield platforms too. Actually you can do it on any platform that is above the grounded egg roll's initial bounce height (anything higher will cause it to bounce on landing) but only works when you roll off a platform.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That was never removed. All they removed was the egg toss glitches like the teleporting or the sliding. Otherwise anything involving the egg roll was directed towards the whole egg toss glitch which was just extending the inevitable by prolonging the teleport with egg roll or neutral B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn0QYA-BPfk#t=30s

Top Bottom