• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with Yoshi...

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Anyway I was battling a very skilled Yoshi player and they did their egg roll attack, and I used my F-smash. Yoshi was knocked out of his roll and was sent flying. Later in the match the same situation occurred, except this time Yoshi canceled out MY attack instead and I was hit by the attack.

Does anyone know what caused this to happen?

Also just a random question: Is it me or do Blue Pikmin do a lot more knockback on throws than the rest of the Pikmin? I mean I can KO someone at 120% with a blue pikmin throw move, but with any other pikmin it fails to KO them.

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
Was it the same color pikmin you used to defend yourself with? it makes a difference ( say purple to white)
as for blue pikmin, yes they are MUCH more powerful with their throws, by far, though what confuses me is sometimes they KO them, and others they sorta do a spike throw, which sends them far but doesn't really KO them. but

if they're ripened and ready for KOing get a blue pikmin, :D

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Well I think I used a blue pikmin F-smash the first time, and a red one the second time.

I also did it again, and I outprioritized him with a yellow Pikmin... my guess is that red Pikmin have lower priority or something... I will need to test this out.

Also I whenever I my F-smashes have lost power due to the DV's I always try and get in a Blue Pikmin B-throw in order to KO. They have become my favorite pikmin by far... right next to the yellow ones.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
As suggested, color matters. The different pikmin have different properties about them. Your situation could have been any number of things:

-charge level on the Fsmash
-evolution level (leaf/bud/flower)
-speed/power of Yoshi's eggroll
-what part of the Fsmash hit Yoshi (there's different hitboxes to it)
-your attack was diminished second time
-your opponent's attack was diminished first time
-color of pikmin

Just off the top of my head, you can see why it's hard to answer this quesiton.

Top Bottom