• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help with the mew2 matchup

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I don't know what to do against mewtwo like forreal. His nair seems unpunishable, I don't know how to edgeguard his ridiculous recovery, and his tail gimps me almost every time. So yeah help me out here guys

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
you can powershield cancel -> counter. his nair, but the timing is really strict. Don't build on killing him when he is offstage, you normally get at least one free aerial. Dont overextend the edgeguard. DI, saving jump and mixing up side-b stalling is best when you are offstage. You can get more punish than usual off a grab, that is where you have an advantage

burntfish44

Smash Cadet
Mew2s (people at least) can be predictable in recovery, teleporting to the same platform every time kinda thing, So of you can catch onto that just be ready to punish it

Top Bottom