• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with shield pressure

Ageha Mist

Smash Rookie
Hello! Im relatively new in project m and I really like playing as Charizard.

I wanted to post this because I seem to have a hard time applying pressure on my opponent's shield as Charizard. My main problem is that I always get bodied by people who shield my attacks and then they grab me out of shield. I realize that a big part of it is that I need more practice spacing my moves, but are there any go to moves that are good for applying pressure on shield as Charizard? Or do I just need more practice in general?

Thanks for any advice anybody may have!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well I don't think they can act out of a flamethrower on their shield without taking some damage, but the pay off is low and the risk is high, since flamethrower is such a slow move. Spacing grounded tilts and going for lots of grabs in general is going to be your best bet. As far as I can tell, Charizard really isn't a character that relies on SHFFLing a lot, so don't spend time attacking their shield from the air too much. An actual charizard main can probs tell you more.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
his tilts have huge range so definitely space your moves. dont be too aggressive if you dont need to be.

BluntedMask

Smash Apprentice
RAR nair spaced well can yield you great results. Same with a bair. (All shffl of course)

Both moves have great range so you can get away before they can retaliate at all. If you're able to get someone on a platform, a ledgecanceled glair can lead to some nasty stuff.

Don't go so deep though, you want to use charizards awesome dash dance as much as you can. Think of falcon but with wings.

Ageha Mist

Smash Rookie
Thanks again guys, I feel like I need a lot more tech skill, but thanks! Ill keep these things in mind.

Top Bottom