• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with Pikachu ! PLZ

XfrostX

Smash Rookie
I have been using pikachu for a while and the main moves i use is C stick Down and Thunder etc. I still get beat because the opponent is way faster than me. How can i "train" thanks I have brawl already

Brawler19

Smash Apprentice
Its because your using the same moves frequently, try using his thunder jolt to rack up some damage use his up tilt his dair bair fair and uair are all really good moves in Brawl from what I have seen in pika vids oh yeah if you want to keep some one from recorvering run jump off the ledge and use Nair to knock them further back down works everytime for me well maybe not everytime but most of the time and just switch up his moves frequetly and you should get better and try to get good spacing from the oppnent and use thunder jolt and his main kill moves are his F smash and Up smash. Also you can spike people with you D smash when they try to recover if done right they will fall straight to their death. Hoped that helped :)

XfrostX

Smash Rookie
i dont really know, i mean i use the attacks and stuff, agh i dont know what im doin wrong

ALFET

Smash Cadet
It's all about comboing and connecting into it.

If you just keep doing it, it's obvious they're not gonna be hit by it.

Try fair into dsmash. Don't thunder unless you know certainly it's going to hit.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
That's right!

You see a lot of players, who are new to using Pikachu, think they can K.O. opponents easily if they just spam Thunder like crazy (lol).

But as fun as spamming Thunder is (especially in 4 player matches), it's not very effective and will only serve to leave you open to being attacked. Don't worry though, if you're one of the dozens of people who overuse Thunder. I've seen many new Pikachu players make this mistake, so it's nothing to feel ashamed about. XD

So anyway, the best thing to do is to stay away from Thunder as much as possible. Only use it when you know for sure it's gonna hit. ^^

But don't get me wrong, though. Thunder's an awesome move because it can deal a great amount of damage. But the problem is that it has too much lag time (after you perform Down + B). So the attack just takes too much time to pull off, overall. That's why this move is best used as a finishing move to K.O. your opponent, or you can use it as an attack to catch the opponent offguard (if you haven't used Thunder at all during a match, sometimes you can catch your opponent offguard the first time you use it - I've done this lots of times before).

Anyway, I hope my explanation will help you and others who have the same problem. :)

Solid Samus

Smash Cadet
Almost all of pikachu's moves have priority and he seems like he has been buffed GREATLY from melee...shouldn't be too hard to beat opponents with him. Just don't spam thunder like a ****** and you should be fine.

XfrostX

Smash Rookie
Ok i will try that today thanks for the help, i am trying to get a video of my playing but i cant :l

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
u shouldn't use thunder unless your opponent is high enough so he cant get to u to attack while ur vulnerable. i mostly use his d-smash when my opp is getting on the stage from the edge.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
=s

D smash would be (C stick down) or pressure on the control stick down + A button.

And wow...it seems like you need a lot of help. Is this your first Smash game or something? Two attacks won't lead you to victory, you should use all of Pikachu's attacks to your advantage. What exactly do you mean by being slow? Are your reaction times bad?

XfrostX

Smash Rookie
I dont think so, but yeah i have been using D smash alot. i usely slide (the thing you use shield and go left and right...) and use dsmash and when im in the air i use c stick down left or right, i am starting to ledge hop =D

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Basically, all you need to do is practice, cuz we can't really help somebody who doesn't know the game too well. You need to experiment with attacks that work (training mode or CPUs, not people unless they are willing to just DI [when you hold a direction after a hit and it influences the way you fly])Try watching videos of good pikachus, and if you can't find any good pikachus *cough hiroshi cough* jk....watch not good ones so you can still get an idea of what you are supposed to do.

One X

Smash Rookie
The simplest, most effective answer to your problem: watch videos and make good use of the training room.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
The simplest, most effective answer to your problem: watch videos and make good use of the training room.
THIS is when I got good with Pikachu in Melee. Practice rapidly attacking and using whatever you can to pull off combos. Also, because of the new system in Brawl, you will need to expand your move list. Try practicing attacks in training mode you normally wouldn't use. If you learn to use most of your moves pretty well, you will find uses for them. ;)

Also, about Thunderbolt: it is an amazing skill when used in opportune moments, but it should not be spammed. The main thing I always used it for in Melee: when you're opponent is high above you near the top of the screen, you can call down lightning (if you aim it right) to finish the kill. Once you master this, your opponents will really start to fear getting knocked in the air. And it looks like Brawl has buffed that move all the more. ^_^

green_tea

Smash Rookie
Use the aerial game.
pikachu's air game is not bad, but doesn't have good priority.
his fair and dair hits multiple times, but the knockback is not until the last hit.
so, if you are facing.. lets say a marth, and both of you are 50% of damage,
and both of you perform a fair at the same time, marth will only receive 2%dmg
and will not knockback, but the pikachu will receive the full marth's fair dmg and
will knockback a good distance.

but i dont mean do not play air game.
i do it all the time :)
but just be careful.

Top Bottom