• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with Luigi

Yung

Smash Rookie
I was watching a tournament when someone was using Luigi and his recovery was just amazing he would do an over B followed by his down B followed by this over B again. when I was trying this out I couldn't get Luigi to go up in the air while doing his down B. How does one do Luigi's down B to make him float in the air? If anyone could help me out with this situation it would be much help thank you

-Yung

Scarlet Bean

Smash Apprentice
Tornado (B-Down)
Damage: two hits 18% (10%, 8%)

Despite what this move might look like or what Marios B-Down may do Luigi's B-Down, basically, consist of two hits. The first hit is when he spins around this hit will knock the opponent in the air (10%); the second hit is when Luigi comes out of the spin with his fist out (8%). However, what people seem to not get/know is that this move (in the air) can give you height after a series of button presses. To see someone do this look at Thunder's Luigi or Yagi's Luigi they do this often when returning to the stage. There is a catch to this advantage though; you must first do this move on the ground to be able to do a rising tornado. If Luigi was able to do a rising tornado every time then he would be able to have an infinite return that is why every OTHER tornado is a rising tornado. To do the rising tornado you must press B-Down to start the animation; during the start up animation you then press the button B rapidly. This is what you should be pressing: B-Down, (during start up animation) B, B, B, B, B, B...rapidly. There is a scale of how high you will go depending on how many times you press B during the start up animation.

Original post by Duke in the
The Official Tornado (B-Down), Down-Air and Taunt Thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-tornado-b-down-down-air-and-taunt-thread.64648/

Welcome to smashboards btw

Last edited:

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
I heard that 10 taps per second is enough to break even on height, 14 is the max. I don't know if that's confirmed, but that's what I mentally aim for.

Lancy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1564-3488-7050
5 presses per second will hover. 10 will gain you half of your maximum height, and 14 will gain all of it.

Top Bottom